By anon - 29/08/2012 04:52 - United States - York

Today, I was giving a tour of my boat to a man who seemed interested in purchasing it. Everything was going great. That is, until, the motor stopped running in the middle of the ocean. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 512
You deserved it 3 122

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Achall91 17

Something tells me you still own a boat...

Two best days in boat owners life: 1. The day he buys his boat. 2. The day he sells it.

Comments

thanks for sharing, that was really interesting!

BeforeItWasCool 12

I think you fail to understand the way FML works. It's sort of necessary to share stories, in order for the website to update regularly.

xrawritsashleyx 11

definition of a boat: hole in water in which money is thrown. any boaters out there understand this saying... but that sucks, go figure that happens when you're giving a your. but something always happens on a boat. so if that Guy buys another boat I can guarantee he will have some sort of problem at some point

iTsbSkuLLy 8

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

B.O.A.T. Break out another thousand... Now ya kno op

No Gilligin's Island references? I'll make one then... Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip. That started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny ship. Two passengers set sail that day, for a three hour tour. a three hour tour.

Hope the sale of the boat included some life jackets

Water, water, everywhere, And all the boards did shrink; Water, water, everywhere, Nor any drop to drink. Ugh...stupid literary references that no one will get...

perdix 29

Albatross! Get your bloody albatross! "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Boo-yah! YOLO!

TheDrifter 23

Dammit Perdix, I just can't bring myself to thumb you up for knowing it when you have that 4 letter "word" in there.

perdix 29

#38, I just had to water down my academic cred to remain accessible. Don't want others to become totz jelly.

It's sad that the albatross, which used to be considered good luck for seamen (hehe...seamen...) is now a metaphorical burden.

perdix 29

#40, Yes, but isn't that the fault of the poem? I'd think "Rime" did for albatrosses what "Psycho" did for showering. Discuss.

I first learned the "Rime of the Ancient Mariner" poem from listening to "Iron Maiden" (: Warning: it's a long ass song!

Enslaved - it doesn't matter how you learned about it. The fact that Iron Maiden taught you just makes it that much cooler.

I'm starting to think iron maiden was made by teachers to secretly teach metelhead history.

DeadxManxWalking 27

Why would you try selling a boat in the middle of the ocean? That's like selling a car at someone's house with no way to get home.