By Kannachan13 - 28/08/2013 23:02 - United States - New York

Today, I was fired when a customer called corporate, saying I was unprofessional and rude. The "customer" in question was my little sister, who I would not let buy beer with a fake ID. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 339
You deserved it 3 085

Kannachan13 tells us more.

Op here. It's an at will state, and the store had a strict please-all-guests policy. From what I was told it was out of my bosses hands as they actually called corporate and there was no proof it was her. As far as parents well I doubt anything will come of that

Top comments

Surely they have to keep a record of who the complainant is??? And when the alleged incident occurred? Her childish behaviour warrants her being dragged by the ear to your head office to please explain.

Did they not know who filed the complaint or why the complaint was really sent? Because they should probably check that out first... Bring your sister to your boss to explain what she did, why she did, and to apologize.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Tell your mother or her gurdian about it. If you're her guardian or you feel like it, slap that bitch of a sister of yours in the face.

jw90 18

Little sisters can be evil. Make her apologize for what she did.

perdix 29

"The customer's always right." The difference between a successful business and one that has integrity and fails is the successful one honors that rule even when the customer is wrong.

That's not always true. Managers need to crack down on the idiots sometimes, especially when customers are trying to break the law.

perdix 29

#23. there you go with your high-falutin' integrity again. The clever businessman will weigh the costs of pissing off a customer against the risk of getting caught selling alcohol to a minor and make the call based on dollars and cents. Even if it's not the right decision.

Even when the customer is legally in the wrong? If the business is held accountable for a customer acquiring a good illegally, I think the penalties involved would generally do more damage than the consequences of turning away a customer.

I'm sorry but I'm very inclined to disagree. The number of ass hats I deal with on a regular basis who have received perfectly good service and the proper products who suddenly start lying about stuff to get free items is ludicrous. I mean just the other day I had to deal with a women who after being rung up learned about a new product, got mad that she couldn't "just have one", and decided to call my store to claim she had requested the new product but was given and charged for the wrong thing. Honoring those peoples demands would shut down a business real quick. Too much free stuff going out.

Perdix is just pointing out the fact that people's sense of entitlement has gone too far, and many businesses bend over forwards to please these twats.

CaitiieBuggs 23

It's true. From personal experience- many times management just gives into their ridiculous claims/demands to get them to shut up and leave. I think it just reinforces the idea that you act like a twat you get what you want.

to the person who said if OP is the guardian should slap her sister agreed and if OP is the guardian OP needs to tell her sister until she can get a new job no new things like shoes or whatever OP's sister likes make the little bitch realize what she did

skyeyez9 24

I dont see why this is being down voted. If OP is in fact her younger sisters legal guardian, I would take it a step further and kick her ass out. She obviously doesn't care or appreciate OP, and will say anything to get her in trouble if she doesn't get her way. That is a toxic relationship that needs severing.

seatitan 12

39 - That's really jumping to conclusions though? I'm not trying to be rude or abrasive here but you really aren't the one to decide whether or not OP's sister appreciates her/respects her with just an FML. Plus, kicking her little sister out is very cruel on the guardian's part (if it were to happen, not saying that it did) and a less severe punishment like taking away all permissions (socializing with friend virtually and physically, buying new stuff, etc.) would be more appropriate. Just my opinion on things.

skyeyez9 24

She lied to OPs boss to get her fired. That shows little sister doesnt appreciate her, and she is a self absorbed brat. She is old enough to know better. Who is to say sis grounds her that she will call cps and lie and say she is being abused.

skyeyez9 24

If she makes up lies if she gets pissed she didn't get her way, how would you be sure she wont respond similarly if she was grounded or had privileges revoked?

Alright guys, I'm a Muslim and we aren't supposed to drink beer and alcahol. But even if she wasn't Muslim, she was underage drinking which is ILLEGAL. If my parents were to catch me buying alcahol, they would slap me senseless, my parents don't hit me till I've done something stupid like that. And I don't do stupid shit. OP, tell her guardian/s what she tried to do. But first slap the shit out of her. My siblings are allowed to hit me if I do stupid shit. So slap her senseless. She deserves it.

This is when you set them up. Send your sister an maybe some friends with a fake ID to buy beer. ... And let the police know so they get involved with the store... And they will lose their license. You hit them where it hurts. In the pocket! Make them suffer. (Oh me vindictive ? Yes I have gotten even with prior employers at much higher stakes!)

calliet145 14

You must have multiple prior complaints against you, because *most* companies aren't going to fire you over ONE customer complaint. At most, they call you back and have a talk with you, or possibly write you up. But fire you for one person saying something like that? Heck, 98% of people employed wouldn't have jobs if they got fired over one complaint!