By Anonymous - 05/08/2009 05:15 - United States

Today, I was eating dinner with my family. My parents didn't want me to hear what they were talking about so they decided they would spell out the words so I wouldn't understand. I didn't. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 427
You deserved it 58 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kyle_kbo20 0

w-o-w. y-o-u m-u-s-t b-e s-l-o-w get it?

deaditegirl 0

YDI for not knowing how to spell.

Comments

Just because you didn't understand doesn't mean you're dumb. I sometimes don't either when people do that to me. I'm just a very visual person. So unless you're not a visual person, this is no FML.

What really sucks here is that your parents treat you like you're not a person. They're hiding things from you? RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU? That's total bullshit.

Unless they're talking about doing the nasty later

I don't. Yeah it's kinda sad their kid can't spell but the OP deserved it. But just think, all the parents have to do is spell for the OP to not understand... I bet they'll do the same thing when the OP is 30 and visiting them haha.

koifish43332 0
CL41RE 0

YDI for probably being a stupid popular kid in elementary school that didn't care about education and only cared about being cool and for some reason people think it's cool to be stupid. Well in the long run you will regret it because your short-lived pride wasn't worth your life of not knowing how to spell or read.

yupp, thats probably exactly what happened, amazing how you psychoanalyzed the OP only by reading a small sentence

CL41RE 0

If you are being sarcastic, I see it in my school all the time. Girls play dumb to be cute and boys don't give a damn even trying in class. If you aren't, well I'm good at psychoanalysing(sp?). I think,...

sublime93 0

Lmfao #23 you have some deeply rooted issues huh

CL41RE 0

No, 46. I'm not the one with issues.

Alas, you are. He's 'probably' the stupid popular kid? What else shall we overanalyse here? Maybe we could say the OP is 'probably' a homicidal, paedophilic homophobe from Mars because he/she eats dinner with his/her family? Ever considered that he/she may be dyslexic? No? Be quiet then :).

CL41RE 0

Today, I chose to be an idiot and comment on people's comments. FML

No, if I was nitpicking I'd be saying how '...boys don't give a damn even trying in class' doesn't make perfect sense. What I'm actually doing is saying your original comment is bunk. Just don't go into psychology if you think a few text sentences are enough to second guess the personality writing them.

CL41RE 0

Well it's true with what I've seen. So why don't you nitpick the comment that said america is a bunch of fat retards?

You aren't good at psychoanalysis but stereotyping.

And we're taking Bart to be C-I-R-C-U-M-C-I-S-E-D. Huh? I'll tell you what it means when it's over.

t h i s i s s o f a k e o r e l s e y o u m u s t b e a d u m b a s s. go back to elementary school. for the sake of america. first the bad economy now this? holy shit, what are we coming to?

God, you make me want to cry. I don't think I even fell for the spelling thing when I was younger, I just don't understand how someone can't spell when their older!

Lexia_fml 0
lwdjaymac 1

#35 - Agreed. #29 - Don't mock people if you don't know the difference between "there," "their" and "they're."

ok, so you are stupid, how is this an flm? or maybe you are just really young and cant spell the words out

ghadir 2

says the person who got the abbreviation wrong: flm it's fml!

Or maybe you're young because you can't even spell FML.

loltreated 0

You guys are overreacting way too ******* much. The OP is not stupid. The OP probably didn't--what did that one poster say?--choose popularity over education in school. Obviously, a lot of YOU guys didn't pay attention in school when they went over the different styles of learning. #18 has it right. Some people function best when presented with visual information, while others are better with verbal, auditory, or hands-on information. So the rest of you can **** off.