By Mandy - 01/03/2009 14:20 - United Kingdom

Today, I was drunk at my nan's birthday party. My boyfriend texted me asking if I could go out, to which I replied "No, I'm at my nan's house." He then dumped me, calling me a 'cheating whore.' I was confused, until I realised I'd misspelt nan and said "No, I'm at my man's house." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 908
You deserved it 46 758

Same thing different taste

Top comments

notanightowl 0

why do you get drunk at your nan's birthday party lol?

jackaaa 0

Hahaha. Just tell him what you meant to say. It was just a text. Mistakes happen.

Comments

sugarcupcake 0

#15 I agree. If you guys were in a really committed relationship, he would want an explanation or more information?

greatnt249 0

#19, she never specified that she was the only one drinking; for all we know, she comes from a very Irish or German family.

BadPinkKitty07 0

very true. both sides of my family are both Irish and German, so drinking is like breathing. it's annoying and embarrassing. I don't drink, so I just watch all my relatives be idiots.

Hello. I'm Irish. I've never gotten drunk at a relatives house. I've never had alcohol at either of my grandparents houses. We don't all drink and we certainly don't all get drunk with family. Watch your racism please.

#20, or she could just come from a family of alcoholics like mine. The family that drinks together, passes out together.

lemonkid44 0

WTF?! Is he really going to be that presumptuous? Then he didn't deserve you anyway; that's just stupid as ****

bruins319 0
svm_invictvs 0

i agree with 7 and 15. ps: "the family that drinks together, passes out together"=priceless!

i hope that you guys are still broken up. After that kind of reaction he clearly isn't the communicative type and so you should be glad to be rid of him. As others have said, a normal reaction would have been "who's your new man?" or something. Actually, come to think of it, if you two were really dating, shouldn't he have known that you go to your "nan's" house, and should have asked if you misspelled that or something either way, keep his ass dumped.