By kezbabes - 03/05/2014 18:15 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, I was driving my grandpa to the store because his car is in the shop. I was well within the speed limit, but he kept yelling at me for "speeding", then accused me of trying to give him a heart attack, and eventually pulled the e-brake, getting us rear-ended. He refuses to apologise. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 097
You deserved it 3 913

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I gave my grandma a lift and she had an 'accident' in the passenger seat. I spent 2 hours cleaning up pee. Sell the car, buy a motorbike. Before it's too late.

sterling1113 15

Oh wow. That's really awful. My mom tried to do the same thing to me a couple years ago, luckily I stopped her before she actually pulled the E-brake. Hopefully you can talk him into taking responsibility for the damages. That sucks. :( FYL OP

Comments

JMichael 25

Gotta love old senile people.

old people suck. hurry and put him in a home before he ***** up your life even more

Morgan Freeman is old and he is nearly worshipped.

#15 that is just a hateful comment. You too will be old one day, God willing. I'm sure you want to be treated with kindness and respect. Seniors are people with feelings too.

All hail Morgan Freeman * bows in reverence

maggie smith is old too..a goddess i might add. bowing to both of them

but why were you speeding ? ;) He saved you from getting a speeding ticket

kelardy 11

are you a dumbass? it clearly says 'well within the speed limit' meaning they weren't speeding

No #17 you're the dumbass. You missed some of the most blatant sarcasm ever. #16 even put a winky face. Please save yourself and say you were being sarcastic also #17. Please I'll believe it just so I don't lose all faith in the use of sarcasm on FML.

#20 even if 16 was being sarcastic he still wasn't very funny.

#20, There has never been a sarcasm font

*The joy of sarcasm* Dnt u just love it when grandpa helps u pull the brakes?? :)

sparty48910 5

To him, you were speeding. There has got to be an "old people rule book" and rule #1 is always at least 15mph under the speed limit.

BeautifulChaos27 37

FYL for having to deal with that and getting rear-ended.. butttt... YDI because if your grandpa was really in that much distress over it, why not just slow down for his sake?

Because driving well below the speed limit is also dangerous, as it can cause other drivers to take unnecessary risks to overtake you.

BeautifulChaos27 37

Then they who are taking "unnecessary risks" to pass are also in the wrong. Only pass when it is safe, if somebody is in such a rush they can't wait for a safe moment to pass then too bad on them.

#19. I agree. Why not go slower if it's making grandpa to panic?

If the car behind him was close enough to rear end him because he stopped then they would have been rear ended if he slowed down

BeautifulChaos27 37

Only if they were too stupid to not pay attention to the car in front of them. It's illegal to tailgate someone so closely that if they had to emergency stop (like a little kid running into the road) that they can't do so as well without hitting them. People where I'm from will "break check" you if you follow too close. Aren't paying attention? Well you just got into an accident and it's YOUR fault for rear-ending them. So.. if you're following so close that them SLOWING DOWN -not stopping- causes you to hit them, get off the road.

No, 47. Brake checking is illegal, and will leave you at fault with a nice fat ticket.

#19 ever think the grandpa just wanted to overreact and wasnt actually in that much distress..? if he was that distressed and caused the accident, he should at least have the decency to apologise.

BeautifulChaos27 37

Yes, lets freak out for no reason at the person who's being nice enough to give me a ride. Why not wreck their car while I'm at it? Hey, maybe they'll never give me a ride again after this. But ya know, still worth it. *logic*

# 19. I agree with you completely. I don't understand why you got any down votes at all.

I'm so glad my nan never learned how to drive.

My mom never learned and she complains any time I drive her anywhere, yet she insists I drive her, I hate it.

Is there no one that will comment on how he misspelled "apologize"

No, because that's the way they spell it in Europe, so it's normal.

I think you and your family should reconsider whether it is safe for him to continue having a car..

My own grandparents would have never acted this way. I guess they don't make them like they used to. :(