By himtopia19 - 03/03/2009 00:09 - United States

Today, I was driving at night and saw a small animal run across the road. I slammed on my brakes and got rear-ended. The animal turned out to be a plastic grocery bag. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 650
You deserved it 16 425

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you come across an animal blocking your path on the road, then just run it over, that is what they tell you to do on your driving test. Unless it's a horse >.<

If you mistaken a bag for an animal, then you cannot have the attentiveness be a safe driver. No sympathy, and gtfo the road.

Comments

#3, the internet has spoken, go take 10 laps around the pitch and think about yourself.

Gotta watch out for those wild shopping bags. They have habitats everywhere. Save the shopping bags!

binker 0

Animals aren't capable of cognitive thought and reason like we humans are. There is a reason they are on this earth and it is for our consumption. Now, as Melancholy said.. don't just go out and kill a bunch of animals for no reason, but the skill set, talents, and worth of life are far greater in a human who may the one who will do something later in life that will be great. That small chance > Value of 1 squirrel.

Animals are on the earth for our consumption? Dear God...

We are alphas for a reason, except vegetarians

#3 .... dude there is ALOT more squirrels and shit like that than humans.... are you stupid?? and i think #2 is kinda harsh hahaha.... what if an animal was hiding inside the bag?! ahahhahahahahahah

i'm sorry but you kind of deserved it. What did you expect, the people behind you to see the "animal" too? Probably not. Oh and to that person who said they would rather a human get hurt...that is really F***ED UP you are a horrible person. You would rather save a squirrel than a human being? What kind of horrible person are you? You disgust me, and I hope you try to "avoid" an animal and see what happens to you.

You ******* idiot. This applies to both the OP and upandb. For the op, don't ******* brake, you stupid piece of shit. I HATE when people do this, or swerve, or whatever. It's a ******* animal. For upandb, stop being such a stupid pussy. There are tons of people, it doesn't matter.

sara942 0

"Whenever you get rear-ended, just about no matter what the circumstances are, it's the rear-ending driver's fault." good point, #9! Next time, though, if you think you see a small animal crossing the road, keep going, because braking for the critter could put other lives at risk- including yours.

Why the hell would you stop for a SMALL animal, anyway? Seriously. Would you rather end up in a river/around a tree or make roadkill? Ffs

#9 That's false. I was involved in a rear-end accident, I was the read-ending guy. Fault belonged to the guy ahead of me. Why? We were at a full stop and he floored it in reverse.

That is funny as hell. Its f**ked up when it happens. My husband had that happen to him. Some little old lady was in front of him. When the light went green she slammed into him, turned around and looked right at him, and then took off lol

littlemissalex 3

According to my mother, who teaches drivers ed, you weren't technically rear-ended. They backed into you. However, had you driven forward into the person, it would've been your fault because it would've been you hitting them. Nine is right; if you're rear-ended, it it always the rear-ender's fault.

awriterswindow 0

I've done that before, but never when other cars were in back of me.