This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By meltingturtle - 01/08/2016 02:00 - United States - Stanwood

Today, I was downtown and decided to stop by my dad's office to say hi. I get in the elevator and swipe my pass. As soon as I got up to his floor I was escorted out by security and accused of stealing the pass I used. My dad is the CFO, and he gave me that pass, which I use all the time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 860
You deserved it 58

Top comments

Just let your dad know. He's the CFO, so he'll probably clear everything up, get you your pass back, and let security know that you're his son and allowed to come to his office. That way, next time, they know what you look like and don't accuse you of being an intruder or a thief.

Comments

Just let your dad know. He's the CFO, so he'll probably clear everything up, get you your pass back, and let security know that you're his son and allowed to come to his office. That way, next time, they know what you look like and don't accuse you of being an intruder or a thief.

OP here, I did call my dad and have him explain. Security was super skeptical when I started the call off with 'Yo, homie', however XD Dad cleared everything up and introduced me to the security staff so they know who I am and we can avoid any more issues from now on. The passes are usually for staff only, so I understand why they thought I was suspicious, I guess.

Not telling, sorry. Anyone could use that info to easily find out who I am and stalk me online or whatever