By Anonymous - 11/12/2009 07:23 - Australia

Today, I was doing a study on homeless people and how they manage to stay alive on the streets. Turns out the one I was studying today was given more money than I make in a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 406
You deserved it 2 946

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ParaplegicPony 0

This is a horrible FML if you're unemployed..haha..

Comments

Don't compain. You have food, clothing, and a roof over your head

most homeless people get more money in a year than most working people make. heck I spent a day in the mall with my car keys asking for gas money and got over 100 bucks in 2 hours.

A woman did a study on this awhile back, and found that if you stood at a stop light, in an 8 hour day, it changed 280 times, and if you got a dollar, each time it changed, or say only 200, not 280, it was in a 5 day week, 1000 a week, times 52 weeks a year, for 52,000 tax free for the year. Some days you'd get more, some days, less, but with a kid, or a dog? Probably lots more. This is why I never give them money. I make less than they do, and have been at my job for 25 years. When I retire though? Guess what my new job is gonna be?

The problem with that assumption is that people will get to recognize you after a few days and it will not work until you find another area there buy cutting into your profits

annietea 0

Just because someone is panhandling, doesn't mean they're homeless. Does anyone recall Toronto's "Shakey Lady" who's son would come pick her up off of her begging corner in their mini-van and drive her back to the apt. they shared. Apparently, her shaking disease vanished the moment she left "work" for the day, and according to reports, she cleared about $80 000 a year.

Oh wow! I totally forgot about! I know you you are talking about!

i never give money to beggers..i dont feel pitty for them. they get alot of money panhandling, and its there fault there in that situation. most make more then the "working class" but still have nothing to show for it.. maybe insted of buying crack they should get a suit and try to get a job

cxal_fml 0

It is never always their fault they are in that situation. If I didn't have a friend help me out last year, I would be in that situation this year. Why? - because my epilepsy came out of remission and I was unable to work for 3 months and used up all of my savings to pay on bills to see doctors while I searched for a doctor who would take my complaints seriously - when i finally found one willing to consider epilepsy, my EEG showed seizure activity so severe they were amazed I had been able to talk - its solely a matter of luck I didn't experience brain damage from the doctors being convinced that I was "just under stress from finishing my masters" and brushing off all of my concerns. I then had a diagnosis, but since it was summer, I was ineligible for any government aid (teachers aren't allowed aid in the summer). My medicine is $4,000/month and my insurance company said they wouldn't cover it until I had tried all the other options with them (options which I tried and failed in the past before I was covered by blue cross for various reasons, including life threatening allergies). Wasn't eligible for any charity plans to get my medication and needed hospital tests because I had insurance. And with my health so bad (the medicine did not fully work), it is important that my diet be carefully controlled. One wrong meal takes 7 days to recover from and get back to being able to think and move normally. Do you have any idea how hard it is to eat a high fat, high protein, low carb diet when you never know when or where you'll next meal will be. No doubt I could never get off the street if I went on, simply because of the dietary restrictions I have. I still have about $30,000 in medical debt from last summer.

"It's never their fault?" Give me a ******* break. You make of your life what you want to make out of it. Excuses are like assholes...everyone's got one. The choices we make in our lives dictate where we end up. I don't feel sorry for the homeless, drug addicts, etc...the choices they made dictated their future. So should I feel obligated to help someone that makes shitty decisions in their life? NOPE!

rx0829 0

THIS^^^^^^^ Also, I work in healthcare, and a doctor would NEVER refuse to do an EEG if you said you had had a seizure, let alone 3 doctors, or however many you saw. Even if they didn't believe you, not investigating further could cause them to lose their lisences for life if you had another seizure and died. Also, I work with insurance companies every day, and all you have to do to get them to cover a non-standard treatment is have the doctor's office call the insurance company and explain why that treatment is necessary for you instead of the standard treatment. I would say that 98% of the time the insurance company accepts the reasoning from the doctor and covers the medication.

LOL. You are a moron. Millions of Americans are always 1 paycheck away from being homeless.

I just want to point out #14 didn't say that it's never their fault, but it's never 'always' their fault, in reply to the person who said it's their fault they are in those situations. But anyways, I agree with the homeless thing a lot of the time being a choice, mostly with alcoholics and druggies and stuff. When I go to church, afterwards in the parking lot after everyone gets out there is always this women who begs for money. "Please, do you have anything to spare?" And after getting all her charity, she drives away in her Mercedes.

spiderman0606 0

You guys are retarded if you always think it's their fault. There are still people living in horrible situations like from the stock market crash of 1929. Like any single person can be held responsible for that, yet millions were in the poor house. Events that are beyond our control affect people every day. The fact that Canada cut welfare costs a few years back meant people had to choose between school and rent, clothes and food, electricity and medical bills. Canada also closed down many homes for the mentally ill, saying that they could heal if they were put in the outside world and became a "functional member of society". Oh, but like you said, it's always the peoples' fault. Now because of this there are people on the streets who couldve had a degree by now, and people on the streets who are seriously ill and need to be taken care of.

Poundingsand 0

I'm sorry, but if you can't get back on your feet after a crash EIGHTY YEARS AGO, it is definitely your own damned fault.

cxal_fml 0

Yes, they do refuse. Especially if a previous doctor has already decided the problem is "migraines" and not seizures. Also my seizures are complex partial in the left frontal temporal lobe - the most difficult kind to pick up on an EEG, which is why most patients are diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms, and not EEG results (which can never rule out epilepsy, only prove you have it.) As for doctors who refuse to do EEG's regardless of your history of epilepsy (and at the time I didn't not have medical records due to past doctors retiring/moving and having had no reason to see a doctor for the past several years.) Here are some who will refuse to do an EEG regardless of your past and the description you tell them: Pushpa Kumari - Belle Vernon, PA (will also refuse a second EEG if the first is negative even though her tech is well known for messing up the results). I made my appointment in march, got into see her in May. The next soonest I could see a neuro was August. *You have obviously never tried to make an appointment with a neurologist if you seriously think its rare for it to be 3 months after you complain about seizures to get an EEG. Most neurologists won't see you for at least 5 months unless a hospital assigns you to them because they have limited "new patient" slots. 3 months puts me at one of the quickest self-referrels you can get (and I only saw 3 neurologists, 4 general doctors, a cardiopulmnologist, and an endocrinologist before someone took me seriously - hospital swore to me that I was taking illegal drugs that just weren't showing up on their screening)

myksbrain 0

You're naive. Insurance companies have things called "quantity level limits" on drugs that are expensive and won't pay for any more than they want to, regardless of medical necessity or how many letters a doctor writes. Increasingly, insurance companies are dropping the facade of medical necessity and simply not paying for things just because they think it's too expensive.

cartering 0

Rx, Can you tell my neurologist that? I've been asking for another EEG since mid-August, because I know my AED's aren't working. She tells me they are because my dosage is higher than she put anyone else on, and apparently that means I have to be fully controlled. And yes, I have made an appointment with another epi. Did so as soon as this one made it clear i wasn't going to get an EEG. He can see me in late february

I'm with jandrews10, verrrry well said!! I got an education, and worked daaaamn hard to be where I am in life, and for my job, and I definetly deserve the money I make! I never give a cent to a bum or begger no matter what their 'story' is. My response is always the same, 'I've worked hard for what I have! Get a real job and make something of yourself!' Regardless of 'how they got into that situation', it was their choices that got them there, and, they do not at all deserve to be given hard earned money from those of us that work our asses off to obtain it!

glasswater 0

The real FML here is that you're jealous of a homeless person.

Cunt_Fucker 0

There's an A. Conan Doyle-penned Sherlock Holmes story where a newspaper guy impersonates a beggar while researching for a story and realizes he can earn bigger bucks by panhandling than writing...so not a new concept, Anon.

You have a computer and an education. When you stop living off your parents, then you can start whining.