By WTF, America? - 03/08/2013 21:57 - Sweden

Today, I was convinced by my friends to watch an episode of the American TV show "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo". They said it was bad, but I didn't anticipate having a full-blown panic attack ten minutes into it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 234
You deserved it 9 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh no! You got Honey Boo Boo'd... Sad day :(

Comments

olpally 32

Yeah, that's pretty much our reactions over here too... Such a white trash bitch that doesn't deserve to be on tv. Welcome to American tv. :/

She's a little kid..calling her a bitch is uncalled for. Also, I don't understand all the deep rooted hatred for this family...they're not hurting anyone by doing what they do..and it's not as if you are forced to watch the show. Honestly, when I look at them I just see a family who truly loves and supports each other , and while some people might view them as "white trash," they just have fun and really live life to the fullest without causing anyone harm. I admire them a lot, honestly. They're genuinely nice people, who love their children. There are a lot of shows that you should be more disgusted with.

A mom who feeds her daughter roadkill, drugs her up on Mountain Dew / Red Bull cocktails, prostitutes her on national TV, has her dance in a "college bar", and wrecks the girl's physical and mental health in so many other ways besides, hardly deserves any respect or admiration. Not to mention the rest of the family who sit idly by and allow it to happen. How is that anything less than child abuse?

A-*******-men, 42. Obviously, that "mother" loves the limelight more than her daughter. That's pathetic. Isn't that show essentially an offshoot of Toddlers &Tiaras? I thought that was bad enough, but then Here Comes Honey Boo-Boo...

Yes! Thank you! People don't bother to look deeper into this family. They're more put together than most, and they don't get enough credit.

They did pageants in a few episodes of the first season...because Alana wanted to do them.

summerguy97 16

It's american REALITY tv. There are other types of programs on American tv.

LOVELIVELAUG 4

Did you know that the mom doesn't even spend the money they earn from the show? She puts it in trust funds for each of her daughters so they can use it for college. The money they use everyday is from the dad's job. the mom rarely makes any public appearances on shows and when she does she doesn't bring her daughter because she doesn't think she is old enough to deal with all of that. The family might have some problems but they arent much different from any other family in America.

Okapi_fml 12

Isn't it kind of funny, though? I won't disagree with the families hygiene and eating habits being considered child abuse to an extent, but that's prett much the only thel

Okapi_fml 12

I accidentally hit send and didn't finish the rest of the comment in time, I'm sorry for the double post. D: --- Isn't it kind of funny, though? I won't disagree with the families hygiene and eating habits being considered child abuse to an extent, but that's pretty much the only thing bad happening to that little girl. The mother supports her children with more love than any other family I've seen on reality TV. And no, it still doesn't excuse the harm she causes to Alana's body with the things she ingests, but god damn. How does that call for any of them being called a bitch or being considered mentally abused? I think this is probably the most mentally and financially stable family on reality television today and I'd rather watch a happy family just enjoy life for the short amount of time they have to live than watch stick thin people get into petty fights over superficial topics. So feel free to dislike them, to hate the way they eat and their health, but don't hate them. Just because they have a tv show doesn't mean they are immune to any hatred sent their way.

So by this logic, how did Jessica and Lauren hit teenage years?

161 if you want to watch a good family show that shows values and being good people, watch Duck Dynasty. At least they truly are good people and don't force their kid to be something for people to giggle about. Sexualizing children through pageants and modeling is never a good sign. All we are doing is distorting the childs vision of what a "REAL" girl is. Its really sad, tbh.

I don't think you've seen the show, if you didn't get a heart attack while your brain catches on fire then you're not normal!

Wizardo 33

You know sometimes I wish hitmen were real... hitmen with good moral and social understanding so they could pop off a few of these abominations.

bfsd42 20

Hitmen are very real. It's a job that pays well. And they are probably not all evil people but just regular joes who kill people for a living.

Now I wanna watch the show and see if its that bad... :0

It is. Yet another reason to be happy I'm Canadian!

Wizardo 33

#32, It doesn't matter where in the world you are, the Boo Boo will get to you, not to mention TOWIE and Geordie/Jersey Shore, whatever happened to Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes dammit...

For your own safety 18, I suggest you don't watch it.

I have never seen jersey shore, honey boo boo, or toddlers in tiaras...and hope to god I never have to

Honey Boo Boo has to be one of the worst shows ever made!

flashback.miss 28

With friends like that, who needs enemies But, hopefully you're alright from your attack, now OP. :( WTF, America, indeed (ironically it's on a network called, The Learning Channel.)

ILoveMyArm 15

Yes, we learn what not to do.

really? I thought it was on animal planet, I thought mama june was a whale just splashing about

gentrysu 10

I'm American and I do not watch that crap!

Amen! It grosses me out they seem so unclean...

gentrysu 10

I'm also from the South and promise you, all southern people are not like that.

My husbands good friend is from Alabama and he's an awesome guy. Always showing that southern hospitality. TLC is a joke. I call it The Lying Channel.

amen 83 south Texas here and were more civilized than them Yankee's give us credit for lol

What kind of idiot has a f@cking panic attack (unless you're panicking over our countries decline) watching trash like Honey Boo Boo?

From seeing just the previews, I find your reaction totally reasonable.