By Awkward - 14/04/2016 00:29 - United States - Albuquerque

Today, I was caller number nine on the radio, meaning I technically won the contest. I was too awkward, so they hung up on me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 756
You deserved it 4 642

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Are they actually allowed to do that? I'm sorry that happened to you OP, maybe call back and try to talk to them? I'm not sure what the prize was or if it's even worth pursuing it but regardless that sucks for you. Best of luck!

Luxray24 13

I frel your pain....except instead of it dealing with the phone it is dealing with girls...

Comments

I'm a board op who runs contests for a radio station. Did you say anything? Usually we stick around to try and get your name + number. But if you have a poor connection or hang up on us there is nothing we can do as we don't have caller id & the lines are usually slammed.

randomman55555 11

sue the radio station for not giving you the prize, phone records should be easily obtained you will either end up with the prize, or a cash equivalent plus legal expenses.

So I just made this account and I'm the one who posted this. Anyway for those of you asking, the prize was meeting Alessia Cara. I did end up winning two days after this post. The conversation on the phone was like "Hi, (Station's name)" "Hello" "Hi" and then they just hung up. Long story short, I ended up winning and Alessia Cara is super nice.