By notamum - 29/03/2014 02:07 - Australia - Belmont

Today, I was babysitting my 4-month-old niece at the park, when a woman came up to me and said, "Don't worry, dear. You'll get your figure back soon." FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 638
You deserved it 4 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the kind of situation where you're torn between feeling grateful because the sentiment is nice or insulted because you (indirectly) just got called fat.

Aww, that would be rude even if you were the mom. :( sorry op.

Comments

You should have replied with: "Don't worry dear. Maybe someday you won't feel the need to publicly judge other people by their looks".

Am I the only one who finds it weird that OP took a 4 month old to a park?

yes. It's perfectly normal to take a small child to a playpark.

kingdomgirl94 29

but at 4 months they can barely hold up their own heads...

she could've easily just been pushing the baby around in a stroller.

pwnman 33

My niece who is now nine months, always went to parks and loved the nature. We've been going since she was born.. Not the winter, lol.

Being an Aunt myself I love my two nieces and Nephew but I explain this is my niece and then I tear this bitch a new one and explain how Society is the reason girls have eating disorders like Bulimia and that if anyone ever makes my nieces or even my nephew feel like they need to be a certain way to be accepted I will drive up to their house and make them swallow their teeth

I think she was just trying to be friendly and hopeful, not knowing the situation.

Never comment on a pregnancy. On the other hand, Girls, if your belly protrudes further forward than your breasts, get ready for pregnant comments from those who don't take this advice.

rocker_chick23 27

The woman didn't think she was pregnant. She thought she still had baby weight after giving birth. I gained a little weight during my first pregnancy and was a little chubby, not fat.

I swear some people just don't have brains. No worries, OP. She'll open her mouth like that to the wrong person one day. Good on you for not kicking her butt!

as long as you are happy about how you look it doesnt matter what she calls you. even though i think it was really rude.

One day an old lady asked me if I was pregnant. My mum grandma and cousin were with me and I was 13. Seems rude when people assume things like that.

I hear ya. I was walking around Walmart with my baby cousin (1 yr at the time) and some lady asked if she was mine. I told her no, but unfortunately my name is Mollie, which a lot of little kids mispronounce as "mommy." Little Keri picked that precise moment to exclaim, "Mommy, look! Dora!" Now I looked like a young mom and a liar.....I was 13.