By Duckzy - 07/02/2015 22:34 - United States

Today, I was awoken by the sound of my pet lizard eating my other pet lizard. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 905
You deserved it 3 785

Duckzy tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here. I just wanted to say a few things, first off, I was awoken by the sound of the lizards running around in their habitat, not by cries or crunches or whatever. Secondly, the lizards were the same size and opposing genders so I was told to put them together by the person who sold the lizards to me. Lastly, unfortunately by the time I got to them, the other lizard (Female in case you were wondering) was already half inside of the other's stomach.

Top comments

Oh how sad. But you know what they say: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

Yeah, that's a pretty common thing with some reptiles. Poor lizard :(

Comments

Why are people assuming it was the sound of feasting and not tiny desperate cries for help? That's pretty disturbing to think about, actually...forget it.

Maybe it's because most people assume that lizard don't make noises

I thought the sounds of nature were supposed to sooth you to sleep not wake you. haha

That sucks, bad way to go AND they are usually expensive

Go to Florida and nab a whole bunch. There would be hundreds in my yard! I would have actually paid someone to get rid of them for me! Glad I moved out, only seen one lizard here where I live now so far.

giantsfan2010 23

Are you sure you fed them enough Op?

colvindj 22
bleedingglitter 24

Oh gosh. Unfortunately that is very common and I'm sorry it happened. Maybe make sure they get more protein and only house ones of similar size together.

Kallian_fml 21

The OP never actually said the lizards were housed together. Maybe OP just got careless/forgetful and left two cages open?

Yeah sadly thats common with a lot of pets, not just lizards. A friend of mine had one of her hamsters eat the other one because they were both males. Sometimes its a territory thing, to assert dominance, or the other one was already dead. It may be best to keep him separate from other lizards if you plan to get more.

Syrian hamsters do that because they're solitary, a male and female would do the same, the only time they don't is for the brief period that the female is in season. You can only keep one per cage.