By Anonymous - 14/12/2009 06:58 - United States

Today, I was at the theatre with my 4-year-old son who was situated on my lap. Halfway through the movie, he turns to face me and states loudly, "Mommy, your legs are so furry!". Everyone watching the show turned and stared at us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 780
You deserved it 8 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Tell your kid to shut up. The rest of us paid over $10 a ticket and are trying to watch the movie! I hate people who bring their damn kids to a movie and they just won't shut up! Rent the DVD and watch it at home, then your kid can cry, talk, and ask all the stupid questions it wants...and leave the rest of us in peace!

nonynony 0

THANK you! Most of the people who turned around and stared were probably doing it because they were ANNOYED, not because they give a shit about your hairy legs.

Comments

nonynony 0

I find the strangest thing about this the fact that you spelled it "theatre" if you're in the US (unless you're originally from somewhere else).

I lived in central PA for five years, and they spelled theater like that...and centre. So it depends on the state/region too.

YoshiTimex3 0

YDI for wearing shorts or a skirt in winter .

I have velvet pants dude, and they're furry too. So shut up.

um, then YDI anything stupid that happens to you while wearing tacky velvet pants...LOL. I mean, wtf????? hahaha... I can only hope they are paired with anything w/ shoulder pads... 80's awesomeness!! lol.

YDI for spelling it "theatre" in Oregon! This is America dammit! :O lol

I once yelled across a theatre at some parents to "shut that ****** kid up". not my most shining moment but after 20 minutes of WHATS THAT and baby noises and no parental interference somebody had to say it. haha. they left

ElMundio87 0

if only there were more people like you around, the world would be a less annoying place

ps u suck for bringing your kid to a non kid movie and also for posting a non funny "oh my god. I'm so embarassed at what strangers think" bs FML. and also shame on fml to think this crap is worth publishing

marinlabyrinth 0

There's nothing wrong with choosing to not shave your legs. But clearly this woman considers "Your legs are furry" a bad thing. IF YOU DONT LIKE HAVING HAIRY LEGS, SHAVE THEM, IDIOT.

sdcrazy1018 0

I cannot understand why women choose not to shave their legs in the winter

Because unless we're wearing short skirts, no one sees our legs. I know some women who shave every day, year round. But I find it pointless. I shave my legs when my bare legs are going to be seen. If I'm just going to wear long pants and socks, there's no point in shaving. It's not like I'm gonna go up to someone, pull up a leg of my jeans, and show off the fact that I haven't shaved in a few days. Besides that, shaving every day can strip off the top layer of skin and dry out the skin underneath. That can cause flaking, dryness, and leave the skin more susceptible to bacteria. And shaving every day can cause quite painful razor burn. Most guys don't shave their faces every day (unless it's required for their job), so why should women be expected to shave their legs/underarms/etc every day? It's such a double standard...

sdcrazy1018 0

Hm I guess I'm the percentage that shaves everyday...I don't feel clean if I don't. Besides, it bothers me if my boyfriend even feels stubble....but that's just me.

Wow, you must have good oil glands in your skin to be able to shave every day... I've tried shaving every day, but all I get is razor burn and really dry, raspy skin (and I mean DRY, like "slather on the Vaseline and wear knee socks to bed to keep in the moisture" dry). So I've cut it down to once every three days in summer, and as necessary in winter.

sdcrazy1018 0

Oh, it'll get a bit dry in the winter, but there's in-shower lotion that you can use, AMAZING!