By Anonymous - 29/10/2012 17:59 - United States - Oklahoma City

Today, I was at the mall and I noticed this guy staring at me from across the food court. He smiled and waved at me so I walked over there and tried to talk to him. He was looking at his girlfriend the whole time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 513
You deserved it 5 076

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Happens to all of us. Just sucks when it does

zingline89 18

That happened to me once. Except it was at the zoo. And it was a gorilla that waved at me. He was not as friendly up close.

Comments

secretsymbiote21 5

why would you go talk to a guy eying you up at the mall anyway? sounds like a bad idea lol

the_enigma1019 1

Narcissism, it gets to the best of us.

SApprentice 34

14- I don't think it was narcissism. It's an easy mistake to make, thinking someone is waving at you. That doesn't mean she's self-absorbed.

I agree with 20. My dad has severe narcissism and now he lives alone because no one can stand him it's really disheartening. Misinterpreting a wave is not narcissism, that's kind of offending because it's labeling something to the extreme. It's like someone saying they heard a phantom ring ( think they hear their ringtone but they don't) and then calling them scitzophrenic.

happens to everyone. you should have pretended to be actually heading towards some person behind him, then disappear into the crowd..

That's when you cause a scene and accuse him of cheating on you and make him uncomfortable. Turn the tables!

SApprentice 34

21- What? Why the hell should OP have done that? OP would look like an idiot, it would probably destroy the relationship between that man and his girlfriend, and there's every chance she would be removed from the mall or arrested for causing a disturbance. The biggest issue here being the possibility of destroying that man's relationship, because he's done nothing other than be the accidental source of OP's confusion. You don't just do that to someone.

And if you look above you you'll see the perfect example of someone not taking a joke very well.

CharresBarkrey 15

Why would you run towards a stranger expecting a hug?

SApprentice 34

25- It's from a fairly recent FML. A guy sees a girl he thinks he knows, runs to hug her with his arms up, notices it's not her at the last second, and keeps running with his arms raised.

happens to me at school, just keep walking...like the Guy that ran to whom he thought was his girlfriend, with open arms and he just kept running when he found out it wasn't her

Cowgirl9999 8

Just shake it off OP, everyone makes mistakes :)

KiddNYC1O 20

Should've been like "you have some food on your chin."