By TooTallNiCo - 28/11/2009 17:36 - United States

Today, I was at lunch with my mom and we were talking about how to tell my brother that Santa Claus isn't real. After we finished our conversation, I heard someone crying. Little did I know, two little kids and their parents were sitting in the booth behind me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 996
You deserved it 36 071

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Soo why are you going to tell your brother that Santa isn't real? Aren't people supposed to figure that out on their own?

iFerret 0

YOU MEAN HE'S NOT REAL?!?!?!? :'((

Comments

if he has to be told, and this is big news to him, hes not old enough to know. YDI

Joeboy777 0

this one is gonna be one of the top fmls i bet :D

Today, I overheard two family members plotting a plan in which to fool their brother into thinking Santa Claus was in fact, not real. I was so astounded at this selfishness, I started crying. FML

who cares about the little kids behind you XD too bad for them they shouldnt have listened

EqualycrazyyJen 0

haha i found out when i woke up in the middle of the night to my dad wrapping our gifts in the living room.

It's better for the kid to figure it out for themselves. I did. I was a little upset but around then I kind of knew. I feel very bad for the children sitting behind you though. poor kids :(

I don't plan on telling my kids about Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny ect...because once they find out it's just a big disappointment.

xd0rkiee 0

They'll have friends who talk about them during Christmas and Easter ..

Obviously you tell your kid that other kids believe in them, but they actually don't exist, and your kid will feel very smart for knowing this awesome "secret". Tell them not to spoil it for other kids because it's super secret omg!!! That's basically what my parents did when it came to religion. Hah.

dudeitsdanny 9

#32 just made my life a smidge better =) Seriously. Lol

IOwnedYou 0

Don't kids at that age love telling others secrets?

Please, anyone, don't tell your siblings Santa isn't real. Maybe it's just me, but I've always loved Christmas. I'm not sure at what age I stopped believing in Santa, but it's the idea behind Christmas that makes it as special as it is. Someone gives everyone in the world something, not expecting anything in return, just to bring joy to others. I wasn't disappointed, but I realized there's more to Christmas then just getting, all on my own. Let kids figure it out on their own if your family does do the whole "Santa" thing. It's a special time of year, and it's a little selfish of you to shoot down something your sibling or someone else believes in just because you're older or you think you "know better". You and your mom are also in a public place. What do you expect? Reminds me of Miracle On 34th Street when all these people say something like, "Oh, I'm not raising my kid to believe in Santa."

dancingyrlie 1

AMEN #54! i have always loved christmas but when i was a kid it was more about the presents and now that i'm older it is more about family and how much we love each other. a present from my parents means a hell of a lot more to me than a present from some fat guy who doesn't know me, anyway. the idea of santa is just a way for parents to force their kids to "be good" all year so they don't get coal in their stocking. he in no way embodies the spirit of christmas - that is within every person and family.

expen_dable 0

I love how some of you act like kids that find out/know Santa isn't real are deprived and have "lost innocence." So where does that leave Jewish/Muslim/etc. kids? Some people think the world revolves around Christianity (yes I know Santa isn't a symbol of the Christian religion but he's the symbol of a Christian Holiday...)