By dork - 02/07/2009 04:42 - United States

Today, I was at dinner with my boyfriend and his family. We were talking about relationships, and I commented on how online dating was the dumbest thing ever. His mom and step-dad went on to tell me how they had met through an online dating service. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 866
You deserved it 50 164

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think online dating is kinda unsafe so I wouldn't use it.. But your choice is your choice guys! That must've been embarrassing though!

I met my boyfriend online! YOU ASS! *slap*

Comments

I bet your going to have to use an online dating service now that your bf dumped you for being such a bitch to his parents.

bollywood_rocks 0

Your opinion is your opinion just like people who date online are not ridiculous. Met my friend online and we've been good friends for a while now

fair enough, have your opinion. but slightly rude & i suppose slightly unnecessary.

your opinion is your opinion, i agree in this. but such things always get akward, when you say something, that is totally against the opinion of your bf's parents... so fyl.

FYL for most likely not being liked much by your BF's parents anymore. YDI for not keeping your mouth shut at the right times.

Dating online is perfect for those who lack the looks, charm or confidence to meet someone in real life (or they don't get out enough). It's a foot in your mouth moment, but it doesn't mean you were necessarily wrong.

So what? You had your opinion, they had a different one.. it's not a big deal, definitely not a FYL

I've dated online. It's a completely difference experience when you don't know how the other person looks like because there is absolutely no judgment on looks and it's just personality based. I'd say it's better, but I'm sure a lot of people think it's ridiculous and that's fine, it's preference.

TheUnnamedOne 0

No, I disagree about the no judgment on looks. Even if you are meeting online, you are not going to date some you find unattractive.

Online dating is the new pick-up bar. Get with the times.