By Anonymous - 04/07/2015 01:45 - United States - Federal Way

Today, I was at a restaurant where the host is an attractive guy with only one arm. I was with my family, so I didn't want to be too obvious when checking him out. It seems like I was, though, because he came over and told me it was rude to stare at his arm. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 062
You deserved it 4 105

Same thing different taste

Top comments

nonsensical 26

"Oh this is embarrassing, I'm sorry. I was actually checking you out. You're very attractive." THIS WOULD HAVE MADE HIS DAY.

Why don't you just tell him that he was attractive? Well you were with your parents so I guess that's not such a good idea. I guess your only choice now is to say you zoned out and accidentally stared at him. Or just yell really loud and run out of the restaurant.

Comments

JimBobGunrack 4

You can't stare at something that does not exist.

Brilliant observation.. I was wondering when someone else would notice this!!

It doesn't say where the arm was amputated (I'm assuming it was). It could be an above the elbow where he still has enough to fill out a T-shirt sleeve, or it could have been below the shoulder where there's a tiny stump you can notice _if_ you're staring at it.

op shouldve just straight out said it was cuz hes cute... or go in the next day and say it if they dont wanna do it infront of their family

I know some people can be really sensitive when people look at their lack of limb, but I don't mind when people stare because chances are, they haven't seen an amputee before and are just curious.

True,though I grew up with a babysitter who's arm ended just after the elbow (born, not amputee). As a child I was fascinated by 2 little fingery bits he had. When I see amputees or wheelchair users I find my gaze lingering as I wonder what their story is. Subtly of course, I don't gawp.

This would have been an excellent opportunity for you to respond disarmingly with something coy and flirty.

Maybe give him your number so he knows you are interested. .

RedPillSucks 31

nah... I was checking out dat ass!!!

You really should have told him you found him attractive. I can't imagine how offended and self conscious he felt when he thought you were staring at his arm. If you see him again you should totally say something. Better luck next time OP.

CaroAurelia 12

That's awkward. Even if you weren't with your parents, "No, I was just staring because you're attractive" would be an awkward thing to say. At least it would be for me.

Geckosrock99 33

"Sorry, can't help looking at a hottie." Compliment and an apology all in one.

I can't help but wonder, OP, how many others he's warded off by assuming they were staring for the wrong reason, when they were checking him out, too? Try not to worry too much about it, OP, sounds like some low self-esteem or a very defensive guy, to me; probably not much else you could do without making yourself or him feel worse. Regardless, that still sucks =/ hope your family didn't give you a hard time over it.

i hope u know that ppl with disability are extremely sensitive and conscious of other peoples gestures. it doesnt make them negative.