By K_M - 23/08/2010 04:18 - Malaysia

Today, I wanted to punish a student for being late. I decided to start a pop quiz before he arrived. I was positive there wasn't enough time for him to finish. He scored full marks and I couldn't say a word. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 252
You deserved it 75 796

Same thing different taste

Comments

Were you in a bad mood or was this a student who was repeatedly late? Because trying to punish a student for being late once is just...pointless. Especially if they do all their homework and stuff. I mean I can understand you wanting to make a point to one who is repeatedly late/messes around/doesn't do their homework, but there is always a chance it will backfire. Some kids are smarter than they look and/or act.

Only in the second half of the post :P

Some teachers like easy targets- it's far easier to pick on the smart, usually obedient kid than the gobby little ***** who literally don't give a ****. Unfortunately, my mum thought that I would be an 'easy target' for teachers trying to enforce rules, so she tried to stick rigidly to the uniform rules- practically pegleg trousers in the era of the bootleg, and shoes with heels so flat they were practically concave. If I weren't a shifty little bugger at that age, I'd have been in for a lot of bullying.

That is true, letmeinplease, but my point was; what's the point in picking on a student that's late once? Why should a teacher need a target. You should only punish those who need to be punished. And believe me I know about teachers picking the easy targets. One of my best friends was one of the quietest girls in the year and used to get picked on by loads of teachers, until she finally lost it with them.

Well, there's usually no point. Except to exercise a fleeting sense of authority over those who they CAN control, rather than those they can't. I was guilty of this myself once- I'm not a teacher, but one teacher was so awful that I had to make extra stuff for the class to learn or they'd screw up their A levels. After I spent hours painstakingly making revision stuff for the class, I went to school exhausted and jumped up on caffeine. The damn woman turned out too lazy to even teach the stuff I made for her, so I was already in a mood when she asked me to explain it. The class were a little chatty, and some of the girls wouldn't have listened to me, so I snapped at my best friend to shut up- it magically made them all quiet and attentive, but I felt guilty as hell. The poor guy was just quietly explaining something to another friend which she didn't understand as well.

You should've shouted at the teacher, but at least you got them to listen. Though tbf doing it once because you're already stressed/in a bad mood or whatever is kinda understandable. It's doing it repeatedly that is stupid. If it's an authority thing, then the teacher should learn how to make the unruly kids listen rather than taking it out on the ones who already behave.

Tawnkat 13

And some students are smarter than their teachers!

geez grow up bitch, he probably had a reason for being late, I hated teaches like you! I hope your students give you shit, any way how is this a FML??

FFML_314 11

Next time, just beat him with your ruler. What is wrong with teachers in our society? Didn't anyone teach you that violence solves everything? They get lippy and you tie them to their desks. What harm could possibly come from this? I should be a teacher.

Ludii_fml 0

If you were my teacher, I'd shove your ruler up your ass :o Lulz

FFML_314 11
Ludii_fml 0

I didn't mean "I'd shove it up your ass for pleasure" , I meant "I'd shove it up your ass 'cause you deserve it for being that kind of a teacher". Did that make sense? :/

Lol, it's rather obvious that the original comment was sarcastic. Some peoples kids. SMH.

Ludii_fml 0

Oh. Psh I knew that... *hides*

that's what you get for trying to get back at your students in such a terrible way. don't try to set your students up for failure/bad grades in general. hold him after class or something and talk to him.

BananaSticker 0

Hey, uh... idk if you know this... but there's an adorable little girl on your back. :O

haha, thanks for the info 38! lol, she's my niece- 3 years old and practically my mini-me! I feel terrible for my sister!

I saw that on the animal channel. Many animals such as the turtle have creatures that ride on them like seagulls.

I moderated this just to see the FML to YDI ratio. seriously, you're a teacher, you should teach and HELP students, not try to **** them up

FFML_314 11

Are you saying this teacher was trying to be "fun and popular"? I must have missed a big part of this FML!

Ludii_fml 0

How are pop quizzes fun..? Dumbass.

Asshole. I piss teachers like you off on purpose cause of doing shit like this.

v1kt4r 13

************!!! this dude is in the state my University is in, nigga are you my Field Theory teacher???