By Anonymous - 14/12/2012 23:12 - Denmark - Copenhagen

Today, I wanted nothing more than to go home and get into bed. While I was unlocking my front door, the flimsy key snapped off inside the lock. A locksmith was called out, who did nothing but sadistically guffaw at my misfortune and crack sarcastic jokes as he undid the lock. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 869
You deserved it 2 646

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're paying him to unlock the door, not to be quiet. That's extra.

Sinamoi 18

You should've seen the Italian plumber who came to my house. He had a huge nose and wore this weird red hat, and CONSTANTLY talked about "saving the princess". Such a strange fellow.

Comments

The same exact thing happened to my mom just right now... Except we had a really thick, solid key. It really does suck.

feldco1 17

Some people just get kicks out of others misfortune. Just ignore it and enjoy your sleep!

Why else would anyone be on this site?

Its funny you say that on a site where misfortunes are posted for your amusement

Stinks for you!! i've busted a few keys off in a lock. Did you have a leatherman on you? it works real well at pulling the bust part of the key out of the lock.

My last name is Smith. Im thinking of naming my son Lock.

Report him! That was really rude. Doesn't matter what the business is, it's common sense to be polite to your customers.

Is "report him" your solution for everything in the USA? Most locksmiths run their own business, so reporting him would be pointless anyway, otherwise he is still entitled to his opinion regardless. Although maybe rude, reporting him won't do anything.

TwoOneFive 11

Probably just a lonely job and happy to see people

That did not sound happy. That sounded self-entitled and jerkish. I like the thought, though.

I feel sorry for you. Not fun AT ALL to be stuck outside your home in Denmark in this climate, with subzero temperatures at night, coupled with snow and wind...

"Guffaw" is a nice word. We should use it more often.

At least he unlocked your door for you...