By Jeslyn03 - 13/01/2012 18:57 - Canada

Today, I wandered around my property with my children, trying to find our escaped house cat. While in the more wooded parts, we spotted her on the ground, being picked over by a coyote. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 149
You deserved it 3 298

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry about that. :( I hope your kids aren't too traumatized.

megapeyt 17

Comments

PrincessesCrown 17

Aww I'm sure your kids were upset. It takes time but they will see that that's the circle of life, and we all go thought it. Maybe get a new a cat?

every1luvsboners 11

This is why people shouldn't let their cats go outside. Too many wild animals out there that would love a tasty kitty snack :( (Also, yes, I understand that in this situation, the cat escaped. I am simply making a statement in regards to other people who might let their cats outside.)

In all honesty I where a cat I would hate being stuck in a house probably no more than 2000 square feet until the day I die.

You are not a cat. There have been studies that show that house cats are generally as happy, if not happier than out door cats. Indoor cats live longer, and are healthier.

GoW_Chick 14

Cats are generally curious, and it's in their instincts to want to go out and explore, hunt, climb, there is no stopping that, it's sad that the poor cat was killed by the coyote, and the kids saw the aftermath, but it happens.

What a ridiculous comment. Of course cats should be allowed outside. So long as they're not declawed (which in itself is stupid IMO) and they have some basic intellect, they're fine.

I'm not saying don't let your cat outside, I'm saying don't act like one is better than the other. Cats are naturally curious but they don't think "I'm bored why won't they let me outside" they think "ooh what's that I shall smell it." they don't need to go outside to be stimulated as long as you give them attention. I hate when people act like having a indoor cat is cruel.

lover1973 0

Omfg I'm so sorry. I love cats

That literally made me gasp. I'm sorry:/ I guess the best you could do is offer your kids another kitten

SettoFail 9

:( ... I read fmls for laughs, and this just made me sad. :(

I'm really sorry OP. I hope your kids are okay.