By stupid - 21/12/2010 15:21 - Ireland

Today, I walked to school in -5 degree weather, snow up to ankles, for an exam. The school had closed and warned all the parents, but mine didn't tell me, because it was "funnier". FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 656
You deserved it 4 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hahaha -5? wow you would not survive in Canada. It was -40°C a couple weeks ago

perdix 29

All the way up to your ankles? GASP! Maybe if you walked to school on your hands that would be impressive, but otherwise, you should omit that detail.

Comments

lilgirly89102 0

fuckkkk that you should leave a mess all over the house with muddy snow

zp5 4

Your parents have a good sense of humor.

Sunsbeenkind 0

God that's sick. My body reacts harshly to cold weather, so walking to school is simply PAINFUL. I feel your pain!!

Here is my diabolical plan OP: Don't do anything to get back at them. You will only anger them more anyways. What you need to do is act all disappointed and humble, you need to make them feel sorry they did that and nothing works better than reverse psychology. ;)

Hahahahahahaha -5? Seriously? Sheesh, in Canada schools don't close until its at like -30 with snow up to your knees. Suck it up buttercup

that's why no one wants to live in Canada

And that is the reason I moved from Edmonton to the West Coast. Not everywhere in Canada is like that.

I'm from Yellowknife, where it regularly gets down into the -40s and even -50s. The only time my school has EVER been closed for weather was when I lived in England, and it was for what was essentially a bad frost. Ridiculous.

When I lived in Canada we had that 'the kids get sent home at -40C' thing, and in Australia, it was the same for +40C. The thing is, neither one turned out to be true - they just lie about it and keep you there!

We are a country of moaners & Ireland is ridiculously unprepared for anything. Especially things we cannot control ie the weather. Haven't you seen the people 'running' our country? Google Brian Cowen. Try not to vomit :L lol

UpsidedownKayak 9

Was it also up hill both directions for 10 miles? Don't be so hard as ice on yourself OP. That you have committed to you studies proves that you mind is not a frozen tundra, and that you have a fire inside to make intelligent decisions. So take a chill pill, and don't take you parents sense of humor with a frosty attitude.

my pun senses are tingling... though I don't understand why

UpsidedownKayak 9

Midij19, It cold be that your senses have cooled.

Who cares if it's 'ONLY' -5*, In Canada it's no biggie, sure, but in Ireland that's a big difference dumbassess.

Try walking to your bus stop in -31 and waiting 20 minutes for the bus that won't come. Don't whine.