By martyn28 - 13/08/2013 14:55 - United Kingdom

Today, I walked past a girl giving out leaflets for a nightclub. She ignored me the first two times. I dismissed it cynically, thinking she was only giving them to good looking young people. The third time she gave one to a balding 40-year old guy with his pre-teen kid. She still ignored me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 256
You deserved it 5 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You only walked my her two times, so of course she missed you. You need to parade past her repeatedly for at least six hours. That's what I do when I try to get someone's attention. It works wonderfully.

Comments

flockz 19

maybe she was looking for people who weren't desperate for attention, OP.

You must never get fliers then...ever.

That's what I was thinking. Besides, if OP was actually interested in attending the club and wanted a flyer, he could have walked up to the lady and asked for one.

caitiebug1119 15

Maybe she figures you already know about the club since (I'm assuming) you're young. Or maybe it's a "club" for tweens or older people.

She probably thought you were creepy. You were obviously there for awhile watching her. I'd ignore you too.

xStaciexLynnx 15

You may not have seemed approachable or like you'd be interested in a night club. I end up handing out flyers for events pretty often with my job and some people just seem disinterested so I ignore them.

Maybe she thought the 40 year old man was young and good looking?

doihaveto 6

I hope you asked her for one! This would have been the conversation: "Do you mind if I get one of those?" "Oh, I thought I gave you one already...no?" "Nope, I didn't get one." "Oh, well you definitely need one! And if you come tonight, ask for me - Jen. We'll hang out."

Hmm my spidey senses are tingling... I don't think this is a "night club" you wanna be at op...

perdix 29

You ageist bastard!!! Mature guys who are follicularly-challenged can be tons of fun at a club! And having a kid indicates he has functional junk. Don't be so quick to judge, ya neutered pup!

There there, perdix. We all know you're a bit sensitive of your advanced age. *hugs*

perdix 29

#35, aw, thanks, but I still got the "moves like Jagger," who, by the way, is 70!

Don't worry about it. By the time you'll be bald with kid, the club will closed anyway. It's not worth it.

Rexington27 7

I guess she has a thing for bald heads. ;)