By lalalaisling - 08/05/2013 16:21 - Ireland - Cork

Today, I walked in on my boyfriend of 7 years with another woman. He panicked and blamed it on the "long distance" and how we "never see each other". We've lived in the same neighbourhood since we were 5 years old, and we've lived together for the past four years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 80 934
You deserved it 5 407

lalalaisling tells us more.

lalalaisling 10

hey, OP here. If only I could blame whiskey! Also I have to admit, the stereotype is somewhat true.

Top comments

What a cheating bastard. Now this is one of the few FMLs I've seen where it's perfectly acceptable to dump his ass right then and there!

Close the remaining distance between your foot and his balls.

Comments

He's a douchebag. You deserve better. 7 years is a really long time and he just threw that down the drain. You deserve someone better OP.

ileenefudge 29

I hope he is you ex and if he is good for you. It gives you the chance to find someone worth your time.

If only there was a button you could click to express that sentiment....

Close the remaining distance between your foot and his balls.

Is he an idiot as well as an arsehole..?

rg350dx 29

OP's name a Taking Back Sunday reference?

Probably not seeing as the boyfriend claimed he cheated because of the "long distance".

It's a line from a song...and it goes with his bullshit "long distance" line.

lalalaisling 10

Hey its OP. excellent observation! ;)

Stupid and a cheater. 7 years wasted is better than a lifetime. Dunno his ass

sammyjanette 17

Why do people cheat? How hard is it to leave someone if you don't care anymore? I guess people would rather be dirtbags without integrity than good honest people.

RedPillSucks 31

It's weird, I know, but people can cheat AND still care for the person. What they don't care for is the monogamy that goes with most relationships.

-98 That's true. Many people are afraid of commitment, so they cheat to kinda defy it. I don't know why you got thumbed down.

perdix 29

Maybe he was referring to "emotional distance?" Have you been taking him for granted lately? It's probably time to move on, but see what you can do to up your game for the next bloke.

what the heck does he consider "close distance"? being with each other 24/7? well i hope you dumped him right away!