By IamHM - 24/10/2015 18:04 - United States

Today, I walked 2 miles to the store, filled my cart with groceries, and got to the cashier only to find I had forgotten my wallet. I tried to explain but got the nastiest stank-eye from the cashier, the manager and everyone in line behind me. I walked 2 miles home, hungry and embarrassed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 672
You deserved it 4 303

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Been there OP. Have a sticky note on your door to remind to check for the essentials before ever leaving home

Sounds like it's time for a pizza delivery.

Comments

On the off chance that everybody else's advice isn't helpful enough, I'll give my two cents. Get a time machine, go back to before you left for the store, and make sure you have your wallet. No messing around with notes on doors, tapping yourself, etc.

Make sure that said time machine is made from a DeLorean...

Or it could be disguised as a 1960's police box; whatever floats your temporal boat.

That really sucks and I'm sorry that the employees were rude as well.

You were going to carry a cart full of groceries 2 miles???

Maybe she is one of those people who push the cart home, then leaves it in a pile of other carts in a bayou or overgrown field. I call them shopping cart graveyards.

They should have been able to ring up the groceries and hold them for you op. Basically print a receipt and have them waiting. I'm so sorry.

Problem with that though, is that OP walked. So to walk back 2 miles, and then walk back to the store again 2 miles, and then to have to walk home again 2 miles, that's 6 miles the groceries have to wait, and if there are perishables, or frozen items, they may not last the trip.

RockstarJAy 16

As a person who walks almost everywhere, I can say that, while it doesn't seem far, the fastest it takes for me to cover a distance of 2 miles is 27 minutes.

2 miles downhill, then turn around and a mild incline. When I popped my knee it only took 30 minutes max.

If youre out of shape or live some kind of lavish lifestyle where you don't walk anywhere. I refuse the cookie I mean obviously you want it more than me.

just don't go back in the same day..wait a day

That totally sucks OP, don't feel ashamed we all make mistakes, but you live and you learn !

Ugh I know that feeling I had a similar experience yesterday. I was so embarrassed I cancelled everything and now I avoid that shop....

if you walked 2 miles then how would you carry a full shopping cart back home?

seepin 7

Maybe they keep it for next time

Aww... Ppl can be so cruel... It's Just her forgotten wallet... Not like she was robbing the store or something... Poor Girl