By iFail - 25/12/2009 05:18 - United States

Today, I waited anxiously until midnight to open my Christmas presents. As the clock struck midnight, I ran out into the living room, super-excited to open them, only to discover that everyone in our house had already opened theirs, and had all gone to bed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 977
You deserved it 5 482

Same thing different taste

Top comments

darkblue_13 0

is there no communication in your house? don't you open presents together? why would you open presents at midnight by yourself?

Comments

lmao if my folks did that to me i would shit a brick on them. but why do you guys open presents that early anyway! i open mine the morning of christmas.

Well, technically, midnight IS the morning of Christmas... So the OP did it right, but the family not only pulled a total jerk-move, but also cheated.

Ryansungh 0

Probably the same thing that people who open gifts Christmas eve do? Bum around and make use of them.

That sucks. Well, I did get my whole family pissed off by waking them up at seven... I was considering screaming fire but then I considered how much trouble I would be in...

That's boring when you do that. If you wait until Christmas day, it'll be more exciting, and you'll have something to do that day.

CyclonePsycho 1

Christmas doesn't start at midnight; it starts at sunrise.

CyclonePsycho 1

That's just how it's always been. I mean, how else will Santa be able to visit all the houses, plant the presents under the trees, and eat the cookies before midnight? It's just a tradition. Sure, there are other traditions that involve opening presents on Christmas Eve, but Christmas itself just doesn't start until sunrise.

I think that only really works in places that have snow. In my opinion, it feels a lot more Christmassy at night when you can see all the lights shining on the tree than in the morning when you can see the green grass outside and the blue sunny skies through the window. It's hard to get into the holiday spirit in California. When I was a kid, we always opened our presents on Christmas Eve, and my parents made us go to our rooms so that we wouldn't see Santa bringing our presents. Let me just say I never believed them.

CyclonePsycho 1

It doesn't snow here either. In fact, it's ugly and rainy today just to mock us. :| My parents usually hid in their room long into the night wrapping and whatnot after sending us to our rooms. Then, everything would magically be in place by the time we woke up around 7:00. It's harder to wrap all the presents in the day time and then claim Santa did it, methinks. But then there are parents who wrap ahead of time...

sportsnut 0

YDI for being lame and hanging out in your room instead of being with your fam

guci 4

What was OP supposed to do? Never leave his/her's mom because she might open presents without him?It probably didn't even cross his mind that they'd do this. Anyway this is probably fake.

Reyo 2

He was probably in his room blaring Linkin Park at the highest volume possible.

Really...If this is true, your family hates you.

Yeah, I mean you're sitting in your room waiting; and not with your family? YDI, get more involved.