By HatedGrandson - 07/01/2013 00:50 - United States

Today, I visited my grandparents' house. While getting a drink from the fridge, I noticed the Christmas card my family sent them had my face scratched out. When I confronted them about it, they said it was the cat. They don't have a cat. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 640
You deserved it 2 161

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Something tells me you won't be in the will...

Pee all over the floor..then say it was the cat.

Comments

What the heck? What kinda Grandparents do such a thing? That's absolutely horrible. Sorry OP. That is just wrong. Your grandparents shouldn't do that and then lie about it when you can plainly see what they did. Good luck OP.

You'd be surprised. My grandmother (and by extension her entire family) refuses to acknowledge my existence because they hate my mother for "ruining my father's life." It's quite sad how people can place so much hatred on someone with so little reason, but it's also not uncommon. The important thing is to remember that their opinions are a reflection upon them, and not on you. You can't let their petty attitudes influence how you feel about yourself.

That sucks. My family has problems but nothing like that. There is one side of the family that won't talk to my family but they are really mean so it doesn't effect us. Sorry that your family treats you like that.

My grandpa said he would disown me if I moved out of my house when I was 16. He hasn't said anything nice to me since. Since they are not they're children I think it's easier to de-attach from their grandchildren. We're from polar opposite generations.

Yeah, I think the generational gap is a huge factor. Especially when you consider how much social progression (or at least change; not all of it good depending on perspective) there has been in even the past 50 years or so. My grandmother is nearly 100 years old and her whole family is a relic from the closed-minded, white supremacist South. And they act like it. Which is why I do not mind at all that they treat me the way I do. Being hated by someone like that probably means I am doing something right with my own ways of thinking.

PhoenixForce562 5

I'm gay.....it happens every year

PhoenixForce562 5

lol.....I'm a gay ..this happens every year!

Next time you go over, sneak a cat in their house and then start playing with it. Tell them how nice it must be to own a pet, and ask them what they named it.

chrissy2 28

Shit in the sink. Say it was the cat.

klovemachine 24

Put laxatives in their drinks and let the fun begin (hopefully they only have one bathroom).

ObsessedWithGays 7

That doesn't sound very appealing to me.

perdix 29

You should accept their lie and move on. Do you really, really want to know why they scratched out your face?

At least not one that you know about.