By Anonymous - 21/07/2014 22:14 - United States - Bronx

Today, I visited my dad. He gave the, "You live under my roof, you follow my rules" lecture since I didn't do my "chores". I moved out 3 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 519
You deserved it 3 626

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Say the same thing to him when he visits you.

It's true that you have to follow the rules in someone's else's house. But it doesn't include doing work for their lazy ass.

Comments

Send him to his room, see how he likes it.

Yeah parents never stop doing that. I think they like being bossy or getting free work out of their visiting children. Or both

I suppose it is partly due to them raising you from childhood to adulthood. It can be a difficult pattern to break, it seems...

I would laugh it off, and if he was being serious just leave, let him know that you don't want to put up with it. And then if it keeps happening do the same to him when he visits next.

It's almost like the dad has never gotten the fact that his kid has moved out. I guess there are some parents who go into denial over that, especially if it was their only child.

I'm the youngest in the family, and my mother treats me like I'm perpetually 14 years old. It's not always the only child that gets the raw end of the deal.

Define chores...maybe you can make a list for him at your house like you are in control of the television remote or something

91hayek 31

You're not alone OP. 50 Cents mother made him take out the trash when he visited - he tweeted about it while he was doing it complaining that he was too rich to do it. Still did it though, moms' got that kinda power.

QueenofWheels 13

Maybe his grandmother but not his mom. 50 Cent mom died when he was a kid.

Ihavegas 22

secretly he is saying ' welcome home child ive missed you'

Goblin182 26

I don't think Dad was trying to get free work from his visiting son since he started with "you live under my roof. You need to have your Dad checked for dementia.

"Oh, would you look at the time! I have to leave now, I have many chores to do at my OWN home!"