By ithappenswhenithappens - 03/07/2017 04:25 - United States - Gresham

Today, I've been in my old hometown visiting because my sister is having her baby. I scheduled the trip a full week after her due date, and still no baby. We tried everything to start her labor. I had to go back home, and as soon as my plane landed, I got a text saying she just gave birth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 010
You deserved it 640

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks op! congrats to your sister though!

I do understand that you have to let your work know you'll be off, but never plan a trip around a babies "Due Date"! It'll not always work as intended, even if its a week after she's due, as babies can be up to two weeks late if she wants to stay natural. Doctors have started to set an induction date a week after her 40 weeks, and that would be the week you'd visit! I hope you get to visit soon, and I hope my info helps anyone else about to plan for a trip!

Comments

On the upside, no dirty diapers for you.

same thing happened to me OP. not only that but while I was visiting I got sick with a gastro bug which I manages to pass onto my sister just in time for her labour.

Kids probably gonna be one Hell of a troll when they're older.

This happened to me in 2015! My sister went into labour in Australia the minute I was on the plane back to NZ.

Not your fault. Sometimes that happens. But when you say you did everything to start her labor, does that mean you took her to a doctor? I know they can induce, but they usually don't do that unless it's safer for the mother and baby. Congrats to your sister, though!

Mooglefox 23

Isn't this how it always happens?

xoxoblondee 31

I was born more than 2 and a half weeks late, all natural. Babies come when babies want.

wafflefriez91 17

Due dates dont mean shit anymore. i dont even have children. but on a good note if your niece or nephew is bad when they get older give them shit for it.

wafflefriez91 17

this also comws from someone who was a stubborn baby. i didnt wanna come out.