By dead - 18/03/2016 19:40 - United Kingdom

Today, I've been awake for 4 days. My doctor recently put me on enough sleeping pills to kill a small country, but when I take them it's like a shot of adrenaline. I'm wide awake and tired as all hell at the same time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 176
You deserved it 1 549

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Now I'm curious to know what medication(s) they put you on. You could also try some OTC remedies if you haven't already, like Melatonin and Benadryl. Please note to talk to your pharmacist before starting new medications though, as they may interfere with medications you are currently on. Also, stay off your computer/phone/television. The blue light from the display keeps people awake longer, if I remember correctly.

I take Valium and Seroquel, which makes me sleep like a baby. Remeron and Trazodone are also good options. Good luck, OP. I deal with a circadian rhythm disorder caused by my blindness, so I know from first-hand experience how badly insomnia sucks.

seroquel is so hard to get off of... took me months mind you I was at 100mg

I really hope you don't have Fatal familial insomnia..

pandainspandex 19

Considering literally only 100 people IN THE ENTIRE WORLD have ever been diagnosed with FFI, I find that pretty unlikely. OP probably just needs new meds.

Probably. It's just scary to me. A mutual friend of mine from UT got diagnosed with it 3 years ago.

ShortieRose 30

I've read that FFI slowly kills the person with in 18 months of onset. I'm sorry if your friend has passed

Welcome to the world of medically-induced insomnia!

you should go to the hospital. staying awake much longer can be really bad for you.

Finally! I've been waiting for somebody who would suggest this.

stop taking them :( try natural remedies and relaxation music!!! those meds get you hooked but not tired!!!!

Yeah No. Doesnt work for everyone. They really should be in a hospital not taking natural remedies.

There is something wrong with your brain wave patterns

Are you on any other meds OP? Cause meds can sometimes interact with each other and start to do shit they're not supposed to do. Hope you can fall into dream land soon.

I'm sure if just lying down with the lights off would help OP then they wouldn't have needed to take meds.