This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Anon - 11/06/2017 16:00

Today, I tried to put gas in my car. Denied. My bank tells me, "Your account is on hold because someone other than you put money in the account." This wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't greeted me by name when I walked in to make my deposit today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 155
You deserved it 165

Top comments

Lobby_Bee 17

That someone would be the bank. It's their mistake and they are freezing you account until they can withdraw that mistaken deposit. They just don't want you to withdraw their money cause they got no way to get it back after you do.

was coming to say the exact same thing. I've NEVER seen or heard of(until now i guess) a bank locking an account because someone other than the account holder DEPOSITED money. and this is coming from someone with 2 cousins that work in banking.

Comments

Maybe they knew it wasn't your day to buy gas. "They" know more about you than you would like. Creepy!

CrazyTrainWreck 19

If I was them, I wouldn't bank on you having an account with them anymore.

Lobby_Bee 17

That someone would be the bank. It's their mistake and they are freezing you account until they can withdraw that mistaken deposit. They just don't want you to withdraw their money cause they got no way to get it back after you do.

BoA wouldn't let my mom make deposits into my account in college. I switched banks.

I think mom just didn't want to give you money. I transferred money into my daughters BoA account several times while she was in college.

Who is this person putting money in stranger's bank accounts? Can they put some in mine?

banks don't freeze accts for money being put in. that's ridiculous