By Anonymous - 10/03/2013 07:52 - United States

Today, I tried to pick up a girl by asking her what the time was as a conversation starter. She responded by telling me it was time to pick a girl more in my league. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 054
You deserved it 9 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like she just clocked you in the face.

Megan98 18

I would've said "You're right, I can do so much better".... Then laugh when she has a bitch fit.

Comments

clock blocked! next time compliment her on something obvious but not inappropriate. hair, eyes, smile, shoes. that usually breaks the ice

Wow, imagine her face if it turned out you actually DID just want the time! :D

There were probably more polite ways to turn you down. Sorry OP :(

Looks like its time to watch other pickup techniques. Perhaps next time you need give yourself a minute before approaching her, so you don't over-clock yourself. It may be wise to also approach your grandfather about what happened, perhaps spend an hour and listen to him clocking on about life experiences.

It before trying to pick someone up you don't know you should spend some time listening to them clock about what they like they may be a real cucko but you wouldn't know that just from watch-ing them.

Ha, you made it that obvious eh? Good. Lame pickup lines deserve awesome shut downs.

Seriously! Maybe she just meant "You're out of my league because you are pathetic at this." and meant nothing about his looks (though he's probably also ugly. So there's that).

Phoebe_Buffay 14

I think a "Hey, how you doin? ;)" would have been more effective....

BellaBelle_fml 23

With your name and photo added to your comment, I read that in Joey's voice from Friends. Perfection.

She just bitch-slapped you with the hands of time.

How did she know you were trying to pick her up? If somebody asked me for the time, I wouldn't assume they were flirting. I've never met anybody who could make it sound like a chat up line so that's quite a skill you've got there, OP. Also, the girl could have been a little nicer about it. Manners cost nothing!

I agree, I would never assume someone asking the time would be a pickup line.