By so much pain... - 09/12/2017 09:00 - United States - Collegeville

Today, I tried to fight my girlfriend’s ex-boyfriend because she told me he used to beat her. Turns out, she was lying to “impress” me, and her ex has a black belt in taekwondo. I’m in excruciating pain right now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 075
You deserved it 4 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PhantomCrevan 8

By "tried to fight" you mean you attempted to assault someone? While it's commendable that you wanted what you thought was payback for your (hopefully ex) girlfriend, you are lucky you only got your ass kicked. You could have faced criminal charges over this. More importantly, you NEED to dump that bitch- not only did she lie about something as important as abuse, but she apparently did so just for the attention. If she was willing to accuse him of abuse, she's going to be willing to accuse you of abuse- quite possibly while you are still dating- for attention and revenge for a disagreement.

One word about seeking revenge without knowing 100% that you can beat the victim: Taekwondon’t!

Comments

This is great. If she thought getting beaten would impress you, then she must be super impressed after the beating you took!

Talis99 26

So, are you incapable of understanding the reality of the situation, or...?

Talis99 26

So, now she's your ex, too, right? And you've apologized to the other guy?

onceuponatime456 16

hmm... Yeah drop the girl ASAP. Keep tabs on her though: you can expect her to lie to her next boyfriend about you beating her, and it would be good for you to have some warning when he come to beat you up.

Okay any woman who thinks lying about an abusive relationship is “impressive” deserves to be single. Please tell me you broke up with her.

I'm confused as to why being beaten by an ex would impress you. she sounds like a. idiot.

Brightbulb 39

She needs to go out of your life and get counseling, that is not something a "normal" girl would do. Run far, far away. I would also tell the ex what she said, who knows who else she told (he doesn't deserve to be whispered about without knowing why, and deserves to know why you tried to get violent). Then look at yourself and decide why you would decide violence was the answer to what probably happened before you had even met her, rather than comforting her and supporting her through what would be a difficult time for any survivor. I wish you the best man.