By leaftheerickson - 21/10/2012 10:31 - United States - Bohemia

Today, I tried to do my leaf collection project for biology, which ended with me being hospitalized because of an allergy attack. I have no idea what I'm allergic to, but my doctor says I should just assume I'm "allergic to all leaves, ever." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 950
You deserved it 1 612

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just see which leaves you collected and get spot tested for them.

Standard allergy testing includes to a bunch of different kinds of trees, right? If you haven't had that done before, perhaps you can now -- and perhaps allergy shots might improve things for you. In the meantime, I suppose at least you have a doctor's note to get out of the biology project....

Comments

You should probably just go see an allergist to get tested and see what you're allergic to if it's that big of a deal to you. But FYL for founding out your allergic the hard way.

CharresBarkrey 15

I think almost dying because of it makes it a pretty big deal to OP. And I still can't figure out where your "correction" fits into your comment...

41- It fits into the last sentence. Also, it should be "finding out about."

Soo, you're saying "The Happening" is kinda like real life for you? :P

Schizomaniac 24

No. In the happening the trees made people kill themse- Ah, you clever bastard.

That movie made me terrified of plants for a few days. :/

trippythehippy 6

Quack! Quack! Your doctors a duck... Oh wait that's not right

holyshitbatman 20

you JUST now found out you're allergic to leaves? your childhood must have sucked. what kid doesn't jump into piles of leaves?

I think it's possible to develop an allergy later in life. Maybe that's what happened to OP.

Have your doctor write you a note to show to your Biology teacher.

You should go see an allergist. I found out I'm alergic to almonds, even though I can eat them without any problems.

mowmowlife 21

... Then you're not allergic to almonds.

gree_fml 11

Just assume you're allergic to all nuts, ever

I've never heard of an allergy to leaves, pollen maybe? Well whatever it is, hope you get better, OP!

This is knowledge and People die for knowledge. Go back and continue