By unfortunategeek - 23/12/2010 16:13 - United Kingdom

Today, I tried to contact my birth mother, who abandoned me when I was three weeks old. After months of tracing, I finally plucked up the courage to call her. She told me to "f*ck off and die". FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 489
You deserved it 7 605

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, consider yourself lucky that she didn't raise you.

Acousticpixie14 6

You said she abandoned you? If she abandoned you, not just gave you up, but ABANDONED you, then why did you even want to find her? I guess I can understand the morbid curiosity and wanting to meet your biological mother, but are you really surprised at her response if she ABANDONED you? That really really sucks for you, and I'm sorry, but you kinda walked right into that one.

Comments

Acousticpixie14 6

You said she abandoned you? If she abandoned you, not just gave you up, but ABANDONED you, then why did you even want to find her? I guess I can understand the morbid curiosity and wanting to meet your biological mother, but are you really surprised at her response if she ABANDONED you? That really really sucks for you, and I'm sorry, but you kinda walked right into that one.

I was thinking the same thing... why would you try so hard to find someone who abandoned you. And why would you expect a different response.

I agree with the two posts above me as well. op I will never fully understand the feelings you have but you have got to think that since she abandoned you that you wanted nothing to do with you at all. You are clearly way better off not trying to contact her ever again even if you would like to meet her she's clearly not the type of "mother" that you had wished you was when you set out on this journey to find her

FMLephant 2

Sometimes mothers can't take care of the child if they have them so they abandon them. So it depends on what the excuse was. There's not enough information to make a true decision. And like someone said in response to another comment, maybe the mom responded that way because she thought someone way playing around with her. My dad did the same thing when I contacted him after 10 years of no contact and he made me prove who I was by answering questions only I would know lol And he abandoned me again after contacting him, the jerk. Sorry OP, if she didn't believe you maybe you can try to convince her or be happy with yourself or with whatever family took care of you (if they did, if not then I'm still sorry x.o)

Acousticpixie14 6

Being able to take care of the baby is irrelevant. Abandonment means leaving the baby alone. Possibly to die. If you were leaving for the baby's own sake, you'd give them to someone who can take care of them, not just abandon them

You're better off without her! Sorry OP :(

perdix 29

She probably regrets not killing you when she had the chance. You shouldn't be stalking her anyways.

lalalalalalalaaa - you mean "That's a completely *perdix* thing to say!" Actually, same thing, I guess...

perdix 29

Jen, I'm not a dick, I just sometimes say dick things to get a rise out of some of you. Gotcha! Thanks to those who "got" it -- you know where I'm coming from. Cheers ;)

ktrose 0

Definitely made me laugh, haha.

Most retarded comment of the day perdix. Just get aids and die alone in some dark corner. You would deserve it.

you don't make jokes about such a sensitive subject..

LandonWatson 0

So, just gonna say, is that dry humor i presume? And Perdix is just trying to make a harmless joke, and it might be a bit hurtful, but he is just trying to get a laugh out of a bad situation Also I'm very sorry OP, you walked right into that one though... Hope you can get over her, she isn't very nice and you probably deserve someone better!:) And by the way, cussing is not the way to get back at people, say more effective words like meanie, jerk, scum-bag... for example.... "That was a vet Scum-bag thing to say." or "You're mean!":)

sikkar 0

Maybe she thought it was a prank? anyways FUL for being abandoned in the first place.

This really should have been a face to face confrontation to give the closure that was needed, it could have been anybody on the other end the line. No mother would wish death on their children, FYL

sweetcheeksjvl 0

Oh you'd be surprised how many mothers and fathers could care less about their children,they could rot and die for all they care...On that note,why else would a mother want to abort a child,if no mother would treat a child horribly. OP's mom did him/her a huge favor by not raising them.they're better off. I'm so sorry you had to hear that OP.

RedPillSucks 31

@63 Yes, this is probably the most plausible explanation. Many people who give their kids up for adoption don't expect they'll be contacted later in life by the kid they gave up. I think there's a service for people who want to contact each other so that neither side is surprised. I know some adopted kids would be equally shocked if some random stranger showed up and said "Hi, I'm your mom/dad that gave up up 30 years ago". Also, do you know for a fact that she abandoned you. She may not have had much of a choice. There are just too many unknowns.

A mother is the person who teaches you morals, tucks you in and kisses you goodnight, puts food on your plate, and tells you she loves you more than anything else in the world. This woman is a cretin, and you should be grateful that she isn't in your life.

Agreed. My "father" disappeared when I was three. My Dad has been here for me since I was six, and I could care less about the guy that my mom was with before him. Concentrate on the good things in your life OP, and forget the bitch that took off. Sorry you had to go through this, though.

karinabeby 0

You deserve better OP. Sorry tho ):

Blueocean7 19

that's awful, sorry about that, well guess be glad she didn't abort you, so make the best of your life. it's her loss.

juliaaalove 8

aww, that's sad :( you should create an amazing life for yourself and prove to her your the better person! you were nice enough to try to contact her, now the bitch can screw herself!

JokeMeister 0

Never thought of women being douchebags. **** HER!!! you are really better off without her. find comfort in knowing that she will some day be repayed for her callousness. it'll be hard to reconcile but KNOW tht your life was better NOT having known her at all. just be better to yours. carry on and love hard.