By gracewinchester - 10/10/2014 06:57 - United States - Eugene

Today, I tried a soup sample at a supermarket. An employee then came over and started asking me questions about how I got the cup for the sample, telling me it wasn't store policy to just give out sample cups. I was so stressed that I broke down crying in the middle of the supermarket. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 551
You deserved it 5 065

gracewinchester tells us more.

Just to clarify: I wasn't just crying because of the soup. My college apps are due Monday, I was going to have to be at school from 7:30AM - 8:00 the next morning, I have a huge part in a play and expectations are very high, SATs are Saturday, LOTS more. The store's official policy is to have an employee come with the customer and get a soup sample. The soup sample cups look exactly like the salad dressing cups so she probably thought I was trying soup without asking or an employee made a mistake, which is actually what happened. I normally don't ever cry in front of people but for some reason that just set me off. Hope that clears anything up :)

Top comments

cjwayy 22

Aww. :( It's okay, you didn't know the store policy.

Well unless you took it from somewhere, you weren't to know. They're the ones that will get in trouble, not you. Don't worry too much about it.

Comments

TanzWolf 26

It's okay. That's not your fault at all - just tell them where you got it/who gave it to you. I don't think you'll get in trouble.

Dude that person sucks. If someone have it to you then what's done is done . I would have ate it while starting at them .

I'm imagining someone walking into the supermarket with a bunch of sample cups so they can try all the food for free. Sounds like something I might try...

iAmPaul 49

Awesome idea. I'm so doing this.

27, your picture could not be any more perfect for this.

How were you supposed to sample the soup...in your hand?

Spoon? Although that would be a very small sample!

Its Okay. i probally wouldve done the same thing.

rekkas 16

We all have those days, hang in there :)

Sounds to me like the store needs to work on some promotional issues that they're having. You can't sample soup without a cup or bowl of some sort. They gave it to you, so it's not your fault. At the same time, if someone is up in my face accusing me of something, I will either get mad or do what you did. It just depends on how stressed I am at the time.

they didn't say they work therebrhey said they went in