By mickey1928 - 12/01/2010 13:10

Today, I took my wife and newborn baby girl home from the hospital. While waiting for the elevator, an elderly couple leaned over, saw our baby, and said, "Look, it's the fat kid that was in the nursery." My baby is six and a half pounds, and my wife hasn't stopped crying. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 960
You deserved it 2 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should of replied "Look, its those wrinkled prunes that go around insulting newborn babies". That'll teach them ;DD

How is this an FML? The chubby babies are usually the cutest and the healthiest. Fat babies are the best.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She just had a baby. When you've just had a baby, your hormones are going crazy, you're physically and emotionally exhausted, and you cry at just about anything. Any mother would be upset if someone called her child fat, but a newborn mother is more likely to cry at far lesser things than that. Thats "wt'f is up" with his wife.

It's the largest shift in hormones possible in a woman's life! Of course she's gonna be a little bit loopy for a week or so. It's not postpartum depression for being hormonal for a week or so, postpartum depression is when it continues for months and months and the mother cannot enjoy her baby at all.

Ugh. I work at a place where most of our customers are elderly, and they are SO rude. I can let it go for the ones who are clearly losing their marbles, but most of them feel they can say whatever they want because they're old and entitled. Even if your baby WASN'T below average, there is no such thing as a fat NEWBORN. You shoulda socked them in the face.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

you actually can't rest your case on a question like that...

6.5 seems pretty average (if not small) size, besides it doesn't mean the kid is gonna grow up fat. My siblings and I were all at least 8 lbs when we were born and we're tiny lol. And to the people who are saying stuff about his wife, she just went through childbirth I think she's allowed to be emotional.

You and your wife both know she's absolutely gorgeous. Old people are assholes and feel like they can say anything without repercussions because they're elderly. Next time a bitchy old person gets fresh with you, just stomp on their feet and say "Oh, I'm sorry. I couldn't see you there, what with your bloated opinion in the way."

The babies that are really thin make me sad... they look wierd and malnorished...

E40_fml 0
McKay_fml 0

6.5lbs is a normal if not on the small side baby (like #19 said). I personally was 7.11lbs when I was born and I've seen pictures. I was not a big baby. Maybe I was a "long baby" like #7 said though XD lol

NotEven 0

#22 & 24 A "long" baby is actually the correct way to say it. Babies are measured by length rather than height, since they can't stand up. :)

Sure it is but long baby sounds king of cute...like long vehicle :-)

our son looked twice the size of all the kids in the nursery when he was born. He was 8lb 11oz. 21 and a half inches long. We thought our 2nd child at 6lb 7oz was tiny! Old people are assholes. Tell your wife having a fat baby is good. Its healthy! Alot better than having a failure to thrive baby.

I know babies that fail to thrive are really not funny, but the expression "a failure to thrive baby" sure is! Failure Baby!