This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Yusquad - 04/04/2017 22:00

Today, I took my daughter on vacation. I wanted to surprise her by bringing her favorite uncle with us. At the airport, my daughter and I met with him. My daughter started bitching and threatened that she wouldn't board the airplane until I got rid of him. She's 21. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 557
You deserved it 1 198

Top comments

Perhaps something happened between them that makes her uncomfortable. Talk to her privately instead of judging her.

Randysoclassic 1

Your daughter is 21 she obviously knows whether or not she's comfortable in a situation, if she doesn't want to travel with him she might feel unsafe around him. I wouldn't blame her for this or look down on her for it.

Comments

Maybe she wanted it to be just the two of you.

Stealthninjaa 19

Bringing along another older adult is kind of like making her the third wheel. I know if I were OP, just having some daughter-parent time sounds more fun and a lot less awkward.

Stealthninjaa 19

Bringing along another older adult is kind of like making her the third wheel. I know if I were OP, just having some daughter-parent time sounds more fun and a lot less awkward.

i wouldn't blame her, i wouldn't want to go on vacation with someone i didn't like either. you should have made sure shes ok with him coming.

OP apparently thought he was her favorite uncle. OP was obviously mistaken.

Leviathene 34

I don't care if I like the person, if a parent had "surprised" me like that, I would be unhappy too. I would just keep it to myself instead. I would ask her why her reaction is so strong, instead of making her feel bad for it. That's just my take on it though, plenty of people have differing reactions.

sambonifi9 3

He is obviously NOT her favorite uncle.

As a college student, I have plenty of family members who my parents think I love but in actuality don't like, but I can stand to deal with them in short periods of time, so I usually just ignore them. If her reaction is that strong, though, then there is a reason for it (though not necessarily pedophilia like everyone is saying). Talk to her and find out why so this situation doesn't happen again

Step 1: Leave ungrateful brat at the airport. Step 2: have relaxing vacation, if both of you are single take turns being each others wingman. Step 3: Have the most relaxing and fun vacation ever, you deserve it.

pliep 10

guys it doesn't even have to be that the uncle is a perv. maybe the girl was just very excited to go on vacation with just her and her mom

Aaaand instead of looking for the cause of her behavior, you whine to an online community about your lack of care as a parent? Maybe look into the behavior, because something could have happened between them or something could have happened between the last time you've seen her that is making her upset about him being there.

Sean Singh 2

hmm tie breaker how do i vote..