By steven - 24/01/2013 05:16 - United States - Orinda

Today, I took an IQ test and ended up scoring above average. Feeling good about myself, I decided to bake some cookies. After 30 minutes of them not doing anything in the oven, I realized I forgot to turn the oven on. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 178
You deserved it 34 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone makes dumb mistakes. Unfortunately, it was your turn.

Clearly you are of such supreme intelligence that the little things, such as turning the oven on, do not trouble you nor disturb your state of elevated thought. It's ok, your probably a genius.

Comments

Well that just proves how unreliable those online IQ tests are. The truly intelligent celebrate with cake.

But...the cake... It's a lie D: -Overused portal reference. I'm going to commenting hell.

"Cake or death?" "Uhh, cake please." "Very well! Give him cake!" "Oh, thanks very much. It's very nice!" "You! Cake or death?" "Uh, cake for me, too, please!" "Very well! Give him cake, too! We're gonna run out of cake at this rate. You! Cake or death?" "Uh, death, please. No, cake! Cake! Cake, sorry. Sorry …" "You said death first, ah-ha, ah-ha, death first!" "Well, I meant cake!" "Oh, all right. You're lucky I'm Church of England! Cake or death?" "Uh, cake please." "Well, we're out of cake! We only had three bits and we didn't expect such a rush! So what'll it be?" "What, so my choice is 'or death?' Well, then I'll have the chicken, please."

The online ones all lie! I know because I took like six different ones and they all said mine was 45. What a crock of horse shit, am I right? My mom said I was a genius all my life! "Good job, Genius", "Nice going, Genius", "Ouch, Genius that's my foot you're standing on." etc.

Just so you know, anything under 70 is mentally disabled

Just so you know, there's a very slight possibility that Squishii was joking.

22 Oh lookie here! You must be a genius too! We should totally be Mensa buddies XD ~~~~~~~~~ Who's up.for a game of Sarcastaball?

eric40962005 8

She has a stash and likes southpark you need to move to Cali gogo

She used to have a 'stache. Then it started tickling her boyfriend during kissy sessions and it had to go. Not sure if the trade was worth it

Thank you, for making the time I waste reading comments worth it #14. Made me laugh :)

Maybe it wasn't a mistake, maybe subconsciously you wanted cookie dough... Yeah, that's it...

Pareidolia101 15

Or not...perhaps the average IQ is actually very low...

oj101 33

Intelligence and common sense are two very separate things.

Absent-mindedness and lack of common sense are 2 separate things as well

MNBOY16 15

If common sense were common, everyone would have it...

Jordath_Fil 11

Common sense has nothing to do with this fml.

Could be worse; Imagine turning the oven on and forgetting about the cookies.

1. IQ is not intelligence. 2. Intelligence is not common sense, wisdom, or cooking skill. So, you can have high IQ/intellect/knowledge and keep forgetting to tie your shoes, turn on oven for cookies, etc.

IQ assesses intelligence. That's why it stands for "intelligence quotient". So it kind of IS intelligence.

60, it does not measure intelligence, because there are several kinds of intelligence and brain uses different "circuits" for different kinds of tasks. There was a research about it. Google it.

CharresBarkrey 15

What does it measure if not intelligence? You refuse that it measures intelligence, but don't say what it actually does measure. It DOES measure intelligence.

RedPillSucks 31

EvilUndead is right. The IQ test say they measure intelligence but they are far from correct. There are indeed several facets of intelligence. Just because someone makes up a test doesn't mean it does what its called.

91, If it produces numerical value it doesn't mean it measures anything. Let's say I make a test made up out of random questions that produces single number. DOes it measure anything? Anyway, in BEST scenario IQ might be estimating performance of single subsystem of intelligence, probably logical thinking. However, intellect is more than just logic. That's the best scenario. In the worst scenario, it is completely useless.

IQ does measure intelligence. It just measures specific types of intelligence, such as logic, and misses some. That doesn't mean it has no impact on intelligence as a whole. It in fact means the opposite. It doesn't give a full picture of your intelligence, but it gives a small view of it.

125, "some"? It throws most of the population out of the window. Actors, Artists, Musicions are not "logical". And somebody that's good at math isn't necessarily going to be good at music.