By IMSERIOUS - 22/01/2014 19:23 - United States - Anaheim

Today, I told my parents I was thinking about joining the army. They looked at each other and laughed for about 10 minutes straight. I wasn't joking. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 989
You deserved it 5 811

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe they were laughing to hide their worries?

Thinking and doing are two different things. Show them what you're really made of!

Comments

this was very hard to read without a comma.

Then join and show them up...thank you for your service...

CallMeWindSock 24

Go your own way, OP. Your parents aren't there to decide your life.

Screw them, OP. It's your life. Just don't come back to them regretting it, they'll probably laugh in your face

When I brought up enlisting in the Navy instead of going to college, my parents smacked me upside the head and tried to pray the stupidity away. They were serious.

Nolimit2217 32

I got the same reaction when I told a family friend I was joining the military ten years ago.. Her son now models female undergarments for a fetishe website. I have a college degree and a well paying career with the USMC. Don't let haters stop you, even if they are in your family.

I wouldn't look down on a guy for modeling female underwear on a fetish site, maybe that was his dream. Congrats on reaching your goals though.

FYL OP. Thank you for making the decision to join. It's your life, not your parents. **** them.

buttcramp 21

being in the military is tough. it's not for everyone. if you're really passionate about this and of age, go for it!