By Anonymous - 15/03/2010 23:42 - Canada

Today, I told my parents I wanted to try modelling. I decided that since I have such a low self-esteem, that it might benefit me, and make me feel better about myself and how I look. The first thing out of my dad's mouth was, "What? Why? You're ugly." Thanks dad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 198
You deserved it 7 477

Same thing different taste

Top comments

if you have a low self-esteem, modeling is just about the worst thing to do. the industry is brutal and harsh. just like your father, apparently. but hey, he saved you some time.

Wow... I wouldn't know what to say to him. I probably would have kicked him in the balls and blamed him for my being ugly. Well, if you're really ugly at least you know not to try... And if you're not, just go for it. You might have something to throw back in your dad's face.

Comments

FYLDeep 25

Then you posted an FML. Good God do not look at the comments, you'll kill yourself before daybreak.

Dismissal 4

Next time he says that tell him everyone agrees you get your looks from him.

faxe 0

Modelling would have helped your self esteem? What are you smoking? Last I checked most of them were puking anything remotely related to food.

Fminetoo 0

Today, I was invited to vote for someones daughter via email for a beauty contest, I quickly replied back, only if you hook me up with her. Afterwards I clicked on the link to see that it was a contest for youths, and it was a twelve year old girl. FML True story ^

Fminetoo 0

No offence moderators, but I would appreciate knowing why that was removed. : ) I checked all the rules and it fit every one of them. I was a funny story and is a way better post then some of the shit that makes it onto this site.

blaaaaakely 0

whoa, it was removed? I personally was pretty amused by your little anecdote. a bit creeped out, but amused nonetheless.

RachelTM 0

The comments are not the proper place for submitting FMLs.

Fminetoo 0

Many posters do it often. Mine was related to the original FML in a way. Who ever saw it would agree that it was hilarious. I didnt sumbit it because only stupid FMLs seem to make the cut now-a-days.

faxe 0

Who will mod the mods? Wait, is this going to get moderated?

Fminetoo 0

How about possibly Modding out all the replys to the first post? That seems to ruin the process of posting. Many people just reply to #1, just to have their stupid three worded comment at the top. That ruins the site in my opinion.

RachelTM 0

Many posters like to do a rewrite of the FML from another point of view, and those usually are alright by us. We try to moderate irrelevant submissions in the comments section, but some do slip through. If you do see any, you can always link the comment to us by clicking on the comment number, copying the new URL, and sending it to [email protected]. Just because a few others do get by us, it doesn't make it any more okay. FML also receives several thousands of stories each day as well. If you are displeased with the stories we put up, please do not spoil it for others, and do your part by submitting and voting. We do not moderate those who comment on the first post, because there are no rules about whom you may respond to. We do, however, moderate irrelevant, offensive, and spamming comments, regardless of their placing. Please try to understand and respect the moderator's decisions, whose aim is basically to keep the website clean, and make it a place that people can enjoy on a regular basis without being insulted or offended. If you have any more questions or concerns, please email us.

FYLDeep 25

I fought the mod, and the mod won. :(

Fminetoo 0

I have decided to continue via private messages, a disagreement as such should not be in the comments area.

FYLDeep 25

Well now your just giving into what they want you to do. So it sounds like they won.

yummy_mummy 0

you have a nice dad, tell him your only ugly cos you look like him, and try anyway it will shut him up if you do it

You can't just wake up one day and be like "I'm gonna be a model!" You have it or you don't. Most of us don't. Plus modeling is an AWFUL way to build self esteem. You basically just go to go-sees and have people tell you you're not what they're looking for, you're too fat, you're a mess, etc. The people I know that have done modeling may be beautiful on the outside, but are seriously such broken people on the inside.

So what you're saying is, nailing models is easy AND rewarding? Sweet!

aww hun, don't let it get to you, im sure your beautiful inside and out :)