By anonymous - 19/07/2012 01:29 - United States

Today, I told my mom about the severe phobia I've developed towards driving. She was very supportive and even made me an appointment to see a psychologist. His office is two hours away. I have to drive to see my doctor about my fear of driving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 687
You deserved it 3 434

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

She's a financial wizard! For the price of one hour with the shrink, she's getting you four hours of desensitization training for free! Next, tell her of your profound phobia of having sex with several beautiful women at once.

Comments

Take a taxi? And try to mellow out in the back seat? Or do a Skype call if you have a good connection. Don't worry, OP. I have a slight feat of driving, even though I've never even gotten behind the wheel unless I'm practicing.

linkinpark98 23

Fear of driving? I haven't heard that one before. Anybody know the medical term for this phobia?

Amaxophobia- Fear of riding in a car. Dystychiphobia- Fear of accidents. Hodophobia- Fear of road travel. Motorphobia- Fear of automobiles. Ochophobia- Fear of vehicles. Tachophobia- Fear of speed. Traumatophobia- Fear of injury. The fear of driving can be severe enough to be considered a phobia. It is often great enough that people will avoid driving at all costs, and instead find someone to drive them or use public transportation, regardless of how inconvenient or expensive. There is no Latin term for this fear, though it is comparable to hodophobia, the fear of traveling. Google is your friend!

linkinpark98 23

I guess you do learn something new everyday! :D

What's the medical term when you have a phobia of Googling things?

I found a phobia of Google Earth, but it was related to Vertigo. I couldn't find one about googling things... So I shall name it myself! Googlephobia! No?

I thought of that, but looking at the other phobias' names, they all are "Word Phobia". But... I certainly prefer Goobia.

34- phobia names are messed up, so you should name it Bingphobia or yahoophobia.

GovernorGeneral 8

Lol. Nice save maybe? Idk. Time will tell.

Grow a pair, have someone else take you, or dust off the ol two wheeler:p Fyl for complaining about it when there are so many more options! You cod be having to walk.....uphill both ways.....in the snow....

citymayer 7

It's a two hour DRIVE... I don't think a bike or a walk is a good idea.

Wow you are a bitch. You obviously have no idea how real and uncontrollable mental illness is. People like you are why mental illness is so overlooked and misunderstood.

They only walked uphill both ways back in the 1800s and early 1900s. Physics was fixed since then

jetty254567 0

I bet that drives you crazy! No pun intended.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

The road to hell and all that....

Sorry man. That sucks! I feel your pain. I suffer from PTSD from being in a wreck. I couldn't drive for a good year and a half and I cannot and will not drive at night

....so do I... kinda helps you get over it at least.....

That's practically torture, maybe you could find a physiologist near you?