By ineedbetterfriends - 15/06/2013 21:08 - Netherlands - Amersfoort

Today, I told my friend, who's a marriage counsellor, about some of the things my husband does that I hate, like snoring loudly and eating with his mouth open. I wasn't asking for advice, but she just looked me dead in the eyes and said, "Divorce." Bye-bye, faith in humanity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 638
You deserved it 5 748

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your friend must be an FML commenter, right? Haha, of course she is. Give us her username and we'll set her straight for ya.

I feel bad for all the couples she gives counseling to..

Comments

Your friend sounds like she has an amazingly sarcastic, dry sense of humor! I like her.

Reverse psychology? Now you're seeing how petty his little habits are that seemed to have bothered you so much. :P

Yea I agree. Maybe she's basically being sarcastic and implying that your problems are nothing compared to what she deals with.

i have to say... you asked for it. why share what upsets u if you didn't want a solution that she is qualified to give? you should have told her that you just want air-time and affirmative nodding instead.

CookieLovesBoo 16

What kind of marriage councellor is that? , talk to him about it and if he loves you he will try to change the bad habits. :) good luck btw

FYL for your friend being a dick (however, that was pretty funny), YDI for using the term "faith in humanity."

JustStella 28

I hope you didn't take that seriously, because I am almost positive she was messing with you. However, your username and ending statement make me think otherwise.

I got the same impression. She probably didn't wanna do work related stuff off the clock, let alone with one of her friends so it wouldn't surprise if she threw that out there to make OP shut the hell up.

kgbb 1

That's the problem with marriage/people today. People divorce or suggest divorce over communicating properly and fixing the relationship. Glad op realized her friend was being stupid.