By Reek - 22/06/2016 14:29 - United States

Today, I told my friend I'm going vegetarian. He's now calling me "Reek" after the guy from Game of Thrones, because I'm apparently a "dickless loser" now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 318
You deserved it 5 256

Same thing different taste

Comments

(Sorry, double posted. They should add a delete button)

Way to embrace the name op! You do you and all that. I don't personally see the benefits, but good luck.

It's the "friend" who should feel like shit. How dare he picks on you for your decision to make himself feel better about himself. This is why I never tell anyone I'm vegan they just feel like tearing you down because they are not strong enough to make that change.

You don't tell anyone you're a vegan, yet your name is 'bunnyveganlife'. Hmm. You're also enforcing the stereotypes about vegans by being condescending and calling non-vegans weak.

Why are you making it out to be some choice you made that makes you better than everyone else? Quit with the god complex.

Either that, or te's taking the piss out of the stereotypes by owning the name.

Diamond_don 18

I'm sorry OP, no one should be judged and ridiculed for making an innocent personal change. Especially one that promotes health and compassion.

It doesn't necessarily promote health and it doesn't promote compassion. You can be a non-vegan and be compassionate. Diet has nothing to do with it.

It doesn't necessarily promote compassion, but I think the point was a lot of people do it out of compassion. And there are ways to make it healthier, but you have to do it right. I had to start eating meat again recently because I was losing too much weight.

did you try eating rice? you'd gain a lot of weight. or pasta

No, he wasn't. The doctor wanted him to eat a vegetarian diet for his health--not for ethics because he was utterly devoid of any compassion--but he frequently cheated. Hitler was also rigidly anti-smoking, but if there are smokers, they don't bring that up. And Pol Pot, Stalin, and Mao ate meat. So what's your point?

I'm vegan. I don't care what others eat but I do get jack of being harassed because I refuse to consume flesh. That's right folks, how insane that I don't care to partake in death and butchery! How silly of me to express compassion for sentient beings! So yeah, get used to it buddy because giving a shit about anything and refusing to be sheeple in life makes you fair game.

So you say you don't care about what anyone eats, and then you proceed to criticize the other side's diet and call them names? Kind of sounds like you care.

Keep your chin up, bud. When I told my friends that I was not eating meat any more they gave me light-hearted teasing but were still supportive.

Why is there so much hatred towards vegetarians/vegans? You know they're just wanting to stop the vicious cycle of killing innocent creatures for our own desire. They're just acting out for a group of organisms who can't fend for themselves. That in itself takes a lot of strength and willpower to do. So next time you hear a vegan and vegetarian complain at you for eating meat just ask yourself if it's really worth it to think they're a bad person for not wanting animals dead...

yes total agree. most people don't know the suffering animals go through. some people like to say animals kill animals. humans don't kill animals fpr food, we trap them in a small cage for months , kill there children, force rape to create more and have dangerous environment . nice job for understanding

#44 I disagree. As a vegetarian myself, you can't ask for your diet choice to be respected if you don't respect others diet choices. Good on you for eating your way, but don't try to push your diet on other people if you don't want them to try to push their diet on you.