By Lokiara - 26/12/2014 06:18 - United States

Today, I told my father I'm going to a club with a friend and staying the night at my friend's place. He asked for my friend's name, number, and address so he knows where I'll be. I'm 30 years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 522
You deserved it 6 560

Lokiara tells us more.

I'm OP. No, I do not live at home. I haven't lived at home in 5 years. I currently live in a different country and I am in my home country for the holidays. I preemptively tell my parents where I go because they tend to ask that question when I leave the house. It might be the fact that I am female, but I don't really know for certain.

Top comments

dragoongirl90 34

"His house, his rules" only applies if she has no choice but to be there. She came home to spend time with them for the holiday. And she is not his "little girl" anymore. She'll always be his daughter but she is not some helpless little kid anymore. 30 is way too old for parents to treat their offspring this way.

Comments

Well if you still live at home he has the right to. His house his rules.

I have never understood this kind of logic. The two things have really nothing to do with each other. Just because you live with someone, doesn't give them the right to know where you are going.

If that someone is your parents, yes it does

No it doesn't! But i guess it's an american thing. I've never heard the "my rules if you live under my roof"-concept in Europe, if the person is an adult.

My question is why did you even tell him if your 30?

graceinsheepwear 33

Chatting about life, I would assume.

Sounds like you still live at home... In which case it's his rules.

I have never understood this kind of logic. The two things have really nothing to do with each other. Just because you live with someone, doesn't give them the right to know where you are going.

^Refer to my last comment In reply to #11

I know it seems annoying OP but, you're little in his eyes no matter how old.

Overprotective much? Sounds like you still live at home

Uhhh...30 YO and still at home? YDI...

I'm in my home country for the holidays. I currently love halfway across the world.

Maybe he wants to go to the strip club with you OP. Just let him have some fun and you all can bond together.

Op is a girl, and going to the strip club with your daughter is a bit weird if you ask me.

rocker_chick23 27

Where does it say anything about a strip club? It doesn't.

30 and still have to tell daddy where your going thats not only sad but pathetic to

Can you really call anyone pathetic when you can't even use to, too, and two properly? Something about throwing stones in a glass house comes to mind.

I didn't have to. I told him so he wouldn't wonder why I was randomly gone for two days and worry more than was necessary.