By Anonymous - 23/10/2011 20:35 - Netherlands

Today, I told my boyfriend I wouldn't be able to get any time off work to go to Mexico with him, and that we'd have to get our tickets refunded, and reschedule. He said not to bother, and that he already had someone else in mind to take with him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 685
You deserved it 5 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hope you told him you had someone else in mind to be your boyfriend

Comments

perdix 29

You need to find a guy who values money over people, like you do. Let your boyfriend go to Mexico with a woman who puts love first. You Europeans get so much vacation time, it's hard to believe you could squander it so badly.

ikickgingers 15

Whoa whoa prettydix.. How much vacation time are we talking?? I thought my 10 vaca and 5 sick days was solid. :////::

perdix 29

Oh, Kicky, we are ass-clowns compared to the Europeans. A lot of them START with 5-6 weeks of vacation, plus they have many more holidays (They get Ascension Day off!) European workaholics defect to the US because they like our disdain for leisure and vacations.

ikickgingers 15

So not only do we get ****** out of vaca but... Well.. Hmm... so us salary bitches get raped on pay -work weekends, work late, go to work early... Meh. Eff. Meh. *kicks rocks* Kicky does not approve.

perdix 29

I might suggest you move to Ireland. You'd get a lot more vaca than what you get here, plus the place is crawling with gingers. You could be kicking morning, noon and night! Erin go bragh!

I would pay hard cash to get pics of Ginger's trip to Ireland.

well you kind of deserve it for booking tickets before getting the time off.

Pufferfish78 5

I was thinking the same thing myself.

ash1rose 11

Or maybe the boyfriend booked the tickets then told her to take the time off before knowing if she could.

If the boyfriend booked the tickets without consultation then he deserves to go with whomever he pleases because then it is HIS vacation. If it was something they were discussing for a while then she should have given her work a heads up that she'll be taking time off.

mismonroe 0

Remind him to drink the water down there.

1. Clean water can still contain contaminants 2. Corona tastes better

Yeah corona is great for making micheladas. mmm a michelada by the beach -starts drooling-

I've heard many Mexicans won't even drink Coronas. I'm not trying to sound ignorant, it's just what I was told by my Mexican friends and their families. I went to Mexico many years back and visited Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins. It was amazing!(: and a hell of a vacation until I got sick. Didn't drink the water though.:P

KiddNYC1O 20

I don't drink the water in any foreign countries nor do I ask for ice.

Yeah chichen itza is great, but to really be amazed by the piramids you need to see teotihuacan. It has the biggest piramids in mexico. We mexicans drink mostly a dark beer called indio, a lager called pacifico, victoria and on christmas we drink a very special beer only brewed on xmas. It's great also.

To answer the water question. The water in mexico isn't dirty but a myth has been created around it because a few years back there was a problem with the pipes. In most big cities in mexico the water is drinkable, although normaly we prefer not to. Our water is the same as in the watered bottles we drink and sometimes export. I myself drink in my house from the filter. Those mexican friends were exagerating given that corona is the beer sold the most in the world. We mexicans are actually very clean with everything we do. Tourist get moctesuma's revenge because real mexican food has a lot of spices. That is why tourists get "sick".

Ooh! I've tried Pacifico before. It was pretty good! I shall try it again soon(: If drinking beer, I mostly drink Yuengling. Just tired of typical domestic beers. I went though a phase of drinking Sierra Nevada but after seeing "American Pie" I'm afraid of pale ales. Lol And about getting sick...I agree that change in diet can cause someone to became ill. I went on a cruise and it was nonstop eating super rich foods that also can do a number on ones body. (:

If you tried pacifico you need to try leon, those are good mexican beer. I also try to drink different types of beers, i drink mostly german beers like franziskaner or paulanner. I've never tried asian beers, how are they? I'm a big fan of the korean rice wine though forgot the name. I know what you mean hahaha

*Beers It is good to hear from someone that actually knows mexico, and doesn't judge it that quickly.

I don't know if you're on the app but I PMed you earlier.

Egnar 19

Everyone is being harsh on the boyfriend when we have no idea how long they've been dating [I'd consider going on a small vacation with a girl I'd been dating for a few months, for fun], or, the fees involved in anything that had been rented/purchased for the trip that would be canceled, or, the trouble involved in procuring the vacation days used to take the trip [hell, we don't even know if they're paid leave], or, who the boyfriend had in mind to go with him [NOBODY said it was another girl, for all we know it's his best friend]. Additionally we don't know if this is the kind of girl to tell her boyfriend the details last minute. If they're going to Mexico next week and she decides she can't go because she couldn't procure days it would be fiscally irresponsible not to go when it becomes harder to recover costs/refunds. Everyone here is being overdramatic telling her to dump him.

Make sure you get your money back and Start looking for a new boyfriend when he is away.

Obviously he paid for the trip, dumb ass.

Your the dumb ass! You don't know he paid for the trip! You ASS U ME way too much. Telling someone to get their money back IF they paid isn't assuming anything. She made him sound selfish. I don't go for that BRO! Relationships are give and take. Go comment on somewhere else user!

HeyHeyFishFillet 34

^ Someones jimmies have been rustled...

I'd beat his ass haha especially if it's with another woman

Forgot cousin/ long lost daughter/ not long lost daughter/ his friend barry that underwent a sex change operation

Tell him ur going to Mexico another time and u have someone else in mind to take!

leadman1989 15

Always have a plan A.ss B.itch C.unt. Plan D is optional. ;p

It's a good idea to think before posting

leadman1989 15

It's a good idea to grow a robust sense of humor. Or just realize that everyone else's might not match yours. :)

I'm betting you just narrowly avoided being talked into swallowing 75 condoms stuffed full of heroin on the trip back. Count yourself lucky. Unless you enjoy cavity searches as much as I do that is.