By Anonymous - 09/12/2014 18:29

Today, I told my boss I have a sore throat. He replied, "Well, don't take it so deep next time." FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 790
You deserved it 6 106

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

The other day, a girl in my Spanish course asked the professor if, instead of tests, we could just do oral from now on to get better grades. She meant oral presentations like skits, but obviously it didn't come out that way. Talk about hilarious...I'm pretty immature so if my boss said something like this to me I'd laugh. :)

Comments

Sounds like your boss has a great sense of humour.

Anyone who says this is sexual harassment has clearly never worked in a kitchen before.... God forbid a boss and an employee share an inappropriate joke

Rayth 19

However no where in the OP's post does it mention that op is working in the kitchen or that OP is on such "friendly" terms with their boss. So technically with the information provided it can be counted as sexual harassment until further information is given.

83 - no where in his post does it say he doesn't work in a kitchen either.

#83, what happened to "innocent until proven guilty"? lol!

I know this will be down voted, but the post reminded me of the saying it's a joke not a d**k try not to take it so hard. In all reality though yea he probably should have chosen his words more carefully

I would report his ass and yes I'm still fun at parties lol don't take shit from him. It should be a professional work place!

Fat, no sense of humor, and thinks highly of herself. You're really striking out here.

squideth 18

That's probably one of the most disgusting comments I've read. Like "fat" and thinking highly of yourself are negative traits??? You're a miserable little child aren't you?

Depending on how close you are to your boss, friend-wise, that's either the best boss ever, or one of the worst.

8313girl 28

For all the people saying 'report him', it's sad y'all can't take a joke. OP is a male and his boss sounds male as well. It was meant to be funny and if I was OP's lady I'd say the same thing but that's my sense of humor. I can see that the boss has to cool it around you. Now I will say that if this happens repeatedly, especially anything physical, then let him know you're uncomfortable. For now, laugh it off and go have a beer.

It's not about the ability to take a joke, it's about knowing the proper way to conduct yourself in a professional environment.

These people wouldn't last a day on a construction site.

He could have said " well next time take it up the ass".