By katnl21 - 08/11/2014 17:37 - Canada - Corner Brook

Today, I swapped out my maternity gown for a regular old t-shirt. My visiting mother-in-law called me a fatass and said I need to lose weight. I'd given birth just 40 hours earlier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 448
You deserved it 3 261

katnl21 tells us more.

It was really offensive for her to say something like that. My mom and grandfather and boyfriend were in the room too, which made it even more humiliating. I didn't know what to say, I was in shock. My boyfriend led her out of the room, so the visit ended right then and there. I haven't seen or spoken to her since, and she hasn't seen her grand child either. I'm still working on an awesome comeback speech, I'm open to suggestions!

Top comments

That's a little insensitive to you. Should have told her, " I just had a kid, what's your excuse ?".

KeannaLove 32

I suggest just flat out ignore her. You don't need your child growing up around people like that. She will realize sooner or later that you control when she sees her grandchild and she'll regret being so nasty to you. Congrats on the baby though!

Comments

Ouch. Sorry OP. that really stinks. Did you tell her off?

T_Young96 13

OP you've got placenta of time to get back in shape. She said that too prematurely and Enfalac, I hope she swaddles in remorse when she sees you back in shape!

Screw "telling off", I hope OP kicked her out and told her she won't see her grandchild ever again if she doesn't tread her DIL with respect! OP, congratulations on the baby! And besides what Hollywood says, the body needed 9 months to stretch out to accomodate a human being, it needs another 9 months to pull taught again. Give it that time. If there is still weight left after that, you can then start working on losing it, if it disturbs you. Don't let that Monster In Law get you down.

Sucks for her. Guess who is in control of letting monster in law seeing that grand child!

T_Young96 13

Yet I'm the one with 40+ likes and you have.. 11. Don't be a whiny baby about my punny puns #67 one day you'll find the right comment. -.-

sempisaviour 17

You don't need to be size 0 to be beautiful, OP. Your in law seems superficial.

That's a little insensitive to you. Should have told her, " I just had a kid, what's your excuse ?".

mif_fml 27

Or just call it what it is, she is a total bitch.

Yeah, that was deff a bitch move. She just gave birth to the woman's grandchild, how about a congratulations.

flashback.miss 28

Monster in law. That's how she treats the mother of her grandchild?

"39 hours of calorie burning wasted, fatass. Why aren't you doing marathons with a stroller?"

She JUST delivered the baby 40 hours ago! You expect her to lose weight like that *snaps fingers* women (specifically pregnant women) don't lose weight in a jiffy, it takes time!

Don't worry #4, I know what you meant

RowanSpirit 9

Apparently, people missed the quotes. Good execution of sarcasm. Poor audience reading skills.

mansen 15

wow. The heavy sarcasm was blatant in this. How did people miss it??

Honestly with so many crazy assholes out there, sometimes it’s hard to tell

juststephhere 23

That's so inconsiderate! You think she'd be grateful for you giving her a grandchild...

Congrats on the baby! You can lose the baby weight, but your in law appears to just be a heinous bitch and that's way more permanent than a few extra lbs.

That's a bitchy move even if you hadn't given birth (congrats). That sucks, sorry.

No actually you are not right. Mother-in-laws'

No, 37, you are not right. It actually is mothers-in-law, and there's definitely no apostrophe unless you're using the possessive form.

Ah the Internet where you better be right every single time

You'd better be right when you're correcting someone else, at least!

trellz17 19

..because physically assaulting your spouse's mother sounds like such a great idea.

PhantomFollower 20

Hellyeah then blame the postpartum hormones!

PTSD has many people getting away with more then an ass whooping.

RandomHavoc1 13

...where did you get ptsd from? Which by the way is actually very serious, by the way.

trellz17 19

47. Even a simple google will educate you a little bit about it. I would live to go into a long explanation of how this occurs or how many people use it to get pleas of temporary insanity due to instability and inadequate treatment, but you can put in a little effort since you made it a point to call me out. Try to stay away from crap like Wikipedia and go to scientific journal articles.

I'm not gonna lie your mother in law is a jackass. but what do you expect for in laws?

I'd expect to have nice in laws that are grateful for the fact I've given them a grandchild whilst they're still around.