By hastobeajoke - 31/01/2012 18:45 - United States

Today, I submitted my 208th job application in less than a year, and went to my 83rd and 84th interviews, only to be told once again that I'm over-qualified for the first, and under-qualified for the second. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 921
You deserved it 2 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Llamassss 21

Well, that's what happens when you apply to McDonalds and Harvard.

Comments

How can one be turned down for being 'over-qualified'??? I'd be happy to hire someone like that! Unless the job is 'male prostitute' and your 'résumé package' is way to 'over-qualified. Or too much 'experience', because we all know having too much experience comes with a little extra baggage...

Ah, I see. However in my profession of 'Miming', the only corporate ladders we climb are all imaginary. But then again, so is everything?

23, Yes there is a logic to it, but it is not sound. Most people will do exactly that anyway.

bargarlm 2

Someone already explained, but yeah, it happens. My dad looked for a job for years & they kept telling him he was over qualified. He got desperate & now he's working a job he's still too over qualified for. You do what you gotta do :l

I feel your pain OP. Good luck on your next one!

audiophileMom 11

FYL. I feel you... And it only gets worse if you dare to marry or have kids!

@12.. you can be overqualified because they can't afford to pay you what you're supposed to be earning at that job. My mom had a hard time finding a job because she had 21 years experiance at her previous job and employers couldn't afford to pay her at the rate she was getting before.

yesio12 13

Desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm sorry OP, I hope you find a job.

im looking for a decent job as well, I know, it sucks don't it... good luck to the both of us

In other words, you're applying to the same types of jobs and getting rejected repeatedly for the same reasons? Do I have that Right? Maybe you should try learning from your mistakes.

The Docs got a point. Maybe these aren't the right type of jobs for you. Or maybe you're terrible when it comes to interviews.

Yes, become retarded. Doc, I think you know what must be done. *Hands pliers and steel toed boots*