By lowly101 - 09/08/2016 19:15

Today, I stood up at my desk and fell. I landed on the arm of my desk chair. There was a loud crack when the plastic in the chair broke. My co-workers heard. They didn't come to check on me because I didn't scream. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 520
You deserved it 1 472

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe they thought you dropped something on the ground and it broke? I'm sure they just didn't realise you were hurt-

Bystander effect at it's finest. "If it's really that bad, someone else will help." You could either be passive aggressive and never help anyone unless they directly ask, or try taking the lack of caution about trying to limit liability issues by investigating possible injuries up with HR or whatever department handles workplace safety where you work.

Comments

that sounds terrible and painful, and your co-workers suck. I really hope your arm is okay ,Op. <3

She landed on the arm of the chair, not her own arm!

I would rather no one come and check on me if I randomly fell like that. You'd probably get so many life alert jokes from now on.

Maybe they thought you dropped something on the ground and it broke? I'm sure they just didn't realise you were hurt-

Aww, sorry OP! I hope you weren't seriously injured.

I often don't scream when I get hurt either, but honestly I can't blame them for not coming. If you want help, scream :D

Bystander effect at it's finest. "If it's really that bad, someone else will help." You could either be passive aggressive and never help anyone unless they directly ask, or try taking the lack of caution about trying to limit liability issues by investigating possible injuries up with HR or whatever department handles workplace safety where you work.

Be thankful that loud crack was the arm of the chair and not your actual arm

I guess now's not the time to crack jokes....

did your knees give out? how do you just fall.

Pretty easily, especially if OP is prone to low blood pressure, dehydrated, has POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), inner ear damage, an ear infection, poor joint stability, muscle weakness, or general poor coordination, or any one of dozens of other reasons. Basically, it's just a lot easier to "just fall" than people think.