By panicked headaches - 07/12/2015 19:04 - United States - East Lansing

Today, I started taking my anxiety meds. Without them I can't function because I'm constantly fighting off panic attacks, but with them I can't function because I get crippling headaches and heartburn and feel tired all the time. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 410
You deserved it 2 078

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CharmyJee 13

Ask for a different prescription, sorry OP

Sorry OP. Maybe try consulting with the prescribing doctor for an alternative solution

Comments

I would try to ask for some different meds. My dad had to go through a few before he found the right one for him.

Mathalamus 24

Try therapy? I mean, it's not quick and it's expensive, but you might resolve your panic attacks and not need medication. But, that's just me believing that medication is a last resort...

Sorry, but that isn't really true. I have therapy sessions weekly, but we're still starting to look at prescription options for anxiety and depression. While therapy might be an added help, prescribed medication is often needed to help balance certain hormones that ease specific symptoms of anxiety

Mathalamus 24

I don't understand how that works, but I'll go with it, since you obviously know better.

Clinical depression is an imbalance of hormones. No amount of "talking it out" with a therapist will change the biological issue behind it. Yes, therapy helps. But it will not cure it.

You wouldn't tell someone with a broken leg to just have therapy.

leogachi 15

@106 He already agreed that he made a mistake. You don't have to be a dick about it.

Neurotransmitters, not hormones, unless it's caused by excessive thyroid or adrenal secretions.

Jfc, maybe your doc can give you a new prescription?

talk to your doctor I'm sure they can help by either referring you to a specialist or switching up meds until you find one that works for you. Stay strong OP and good luck.

My friend had similar problems. Hang in there.

There are very effective behavioral interventions that can help with panic disorder. Exposure-related therapies have a lot of research behind them and there are no long-term side effects (aside from feeling better). Meds are not the only answer!

thebigguy101 2

I take lexipro, that's a great one.

i take lexapro for depression, thats not suppose 2 be used for anxiety i dnt think.......could be wrong but i have an anxiety disorder, i take xanax for that. lexapro is for depression and ablify for my bipolar disorder.

Most antidepressants can actually be used for both depression and anxiety disorders. Just depends on what works best for the individual.

smoke some weed, or take cannabis oil. Minimal to no side effects, and you'll be much calmer

Mathalamus 24

It depends if it's legal, and if it's tolerated, if the op lives with other people.

leogachi 15

@21 It depends on the person. For a lot of people marijuana makes anxiety worse.